Massi DL

punchi
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by punchi »

I kinda don't like that a lot of his tracks use the same/similar drum patterns...but Traffic Mode sounds really really good, just plain crazy...
betzy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by betzy »

NEW STUFF, NEW COLLABORATIONS...watch out for him, he's coming back with more experience behind his (skinny) shoulders to make u crazy on the dancefloor soon! be faithful! :wink:
motf_118
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by motf_118 »

saw him the other week in leeds, the guy was awesome! Played some fantastic tracks, i presume/hope a few will be some of his forthcoming releases!
got 2 speak 2 him for a bit aswell, really nice lad, very modest.

big up massi 8) 8)
Thomas Mayer
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Thomas Mayer »

He is the only napolitan talent (apart squillace and the big ones like carola, vigorito etc.), the others just copy him...... badly... like lucio aquilinia and joseph capriati...
Massi has started with those strange hi hats, funk basses etc....
he deserves more than the others that emulate him!
and he has the best stile and is original more than everyone else!
Mnml rocks
The_Glass_Olive
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by The_Glass_Olive »

I'm in two minds over this new 'Italian style' stuff. SOme of it is mindbendingly great but a lot of it is boring and as has been pointed out, underproduced.

Deinitely agree with pointing the finger at aquilina as a copycat, the squared circle record is raved over yet I think it sounds like a bollocks rip off of massi. :?

Respect to massi for his originality and luck for the future. :D
Fokko
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Fokko »

Still think Massi is great and I guess the new stuff will be even better than before, for example Traffic Mode.

But I don't think Aquilina is a copycat of Massi, Lucio is completely different in his production style, he uses other sounds, other drum patterns. Same for Capriati, he has some great tracks, very different from Massi or Lucio. I really don't understand why people think it's almost the same...? I guess there are copycats, but sure not these three!

The only thing that's the same is that they're from Naples and well, they share what is called the Italian (Neapolitan) techno-sound. But there's also a German, Swedish, even a Dutch sound. So...

For the record: I'm Dutch, but I only produce Italian stuff. Hell yeah! :D
betzy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by betzy »

Fokko wrote:Still think Massi is great and I guess the new stuff will be even better than before, for example Traffic Mode.

But I don't think Aquilina is a copycat of Massi, Lucio is completely different in his production style, he uses other sounds, other drum patterns. Same for Capriati, he has some great tracks, very different from Massi or Lucio. I really don't understand why people think it's almost the same...? I guess there are copycats, but sure not these three!

The only thing that's the same is that they're from Naples and well, they share what is called the Italian (Neapolitan) techno-sound. But there's also a German, Swedish, even a Dutch sound. So...

For the record: I'm Dutch, but I only produce Italian stuff. Hell yeah! :D
fokko = quality
Immoral
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

I think its great

Post by Immoral »

I dunno about you but my mixes are phatter and trippier now that all these kids are producing a similar sound, you can get a lot more trickier and really create a space/atmosphere. A journey through sound should be smooth and colourful, not disjointed with a bit of techno there, minimal here and acid where.
"Techno is like a jungle, you never know what's going to be behind the next tree." - Jeff Mills