MATTHEW HERBERT

seth
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: .

Post by seth »

pheek wrote:Matthew is certainly one of my biggest influences. His manifesto he wrote for producing is my bible 8)
so pheek everything you write you sample. wow thats real cool.

i have always wanted to do music by the pccom but thats some work. i have a hard enought time getting what i want down with samples.haha

PHEEK IS THE MAN!
if thing don't progress, will the future truly come
minimal house
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by minimal house »

I know in one of his latest projects he wanted people to record themselves popping bubblegum and he was going to make a track using entirely the sounds that he was given.

I recall him breaking a zenith television on stage, making a track primarily using on the sounds provided by breaking the tv.

He also bought a Big Mac meal from McDonalds and wound up destroying (hence the mechanics of destruction album) the meal. He threw the big mac against the wall (splattering everywhere), sampled the slurping sound from the beverage and threw it into his music.

The guy exceeds what making edm is all about. A true visionary and influence on the world of experimental electronica.
Aron
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Aron »

braz wrote:i'm looking for a herbert release for months now. Maybe someone here can help me. Herbert - Part 4 (phonograpy) There's a track on that ep thats called Take me back
absolute killer!
Join the club partner... A friend of mine could get a hold of one for 40 bucks after looking for ages! It's fucking rare indeed..

Don't know where he found it.. I should ask.
Last edited by Aron on Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's nice to be minimal, but it's more minimal to be nice
accdntly
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by accdntly »

God I love Herbet, like Hawtin or Villalobos their all so distinct yet they all fit the genre. Seriously one of my favorite artists. Does anyon know what he did with R.E.M???? Please... I love R.E.M. too... so Id really like to know whats up.
pH
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by pH »

PaulusP
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by PaulusP »

he'll be in Holland in April, doing his plat du jour tour...

Motel Mozaique
AbstraKt
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by AbstraKt »

accdntly wrote: Does anyon know what he did with R.E.M???? Please... I love R.E.M. too... so Id really like to know whats up.
R.E.M. - R.E.M.IX (2x12")
released: 2002

I've Been High (Remix By Matthew "Intended" Herbert)

"Café De Flore" who knew an accordian can sound so cool. I love this track it really gives that sense of actually being in a cafe.

"Veselka's Diner" I love the sound of the clarinet in this track.

I'm curious to know if he actually uses real instruments or virtual ones in his tracks. His body of work is impressive. I'd like to hear some of his work in The Matthew Herbert Big Band.

Nice post suz.aa
"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything."
- Plato -

"Only passions, great passions, can elevate the soul to great things. "
-Denis Diderot-
mymtokyo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by mymtokyo »

yeah the man's a legend ... cant belive i missed him recently at a wicked little club in tokyo. what a loser ;-[