Andy Vaz

fopap
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by fopap »

side b of shrinking cities is the best damn pair of tracks I've heard in awhile. I don't know, but his sh!t sounds so robo-exotic , musical but not musical... the gurgling bass bobbing up and down, really all my favorite elements of minimal techno in a neat little shrink wrapped package.
inside / outside is taking awhile to settle in... side b track 2 is the top sh!t, but that first side... a bit epic. can anyone decode what that track is all about?
catherine
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by catherine »

it's not epic and there's nothing to decode. it is what it is, it's awkward, and it moves strangely. the chords are amazing and the patterning throughout the whole track (people inside/outside).
listen to the quiet voice.
the flow
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by the flow »

catherine wrote:it's not epic and there's nothing to decode. it is what it is, it's awkward, and it moves strangely. the chords are amazing and the patterning throughout the whole track (people inside/outside).
Yes, totaly agreed. I dont think it's epic and there's nothing to decode, unless maybe that it simply seems to be a slightly more dancefloor related track (people inside/outside) in comparison to his other material, but as said still maintaining vaz's rather unique handwriting (strange chords, unique rhythm etc). I however can almost understand it may take a bit longer to click with his one for those who really really deep into andy vaz's other stuff. But then again, any other than it being a bit more linear its not too much different from his usual style i think. I like it a lot, as its a really good tool to play and still a very unique listening experience. I think i actually read something about the idea behind the record, it may had been in Textura.org or maybe in grooves, not sure excatly. But if i remember it mentioned something that had a detroit reference or something. Gosh, I just can't remember exactly. The Telegraph record however has indeed been the bomb. Unfortunately It's been rather slow on the sound variation series side of things (wonder why?). It's been way too long since the last release. I am still playing the first one occasionally and it sill works damn well.
v404
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by v404 »

the flow wrote:Unfortunately It's been rather slow on the sound variation series side of things (wonder why?). It's been way too long since the last release. I am still playing the first one occasionally and it sill works damn well.
#9 on Sound Variation is coming out next week I believe... It's posted in Kompakt-net.com's new releases.