Daniel "dbx" Bell: Appreciation thread

shypht
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by shypht »

Have a chance to see DBX spin next month - looking forward to it.
Petar
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Petar »

i got a gift last year from my friend,it was a vinyl from Daniel Bell - The lost traxx :shock: it totaly made me addicted to minimal .
its one of my favourite eps
hes a great producer and a dj,also a big influence 4 all off uss :!:

it was a perfect gift :oops:

his ep on logistic - Squirrel Bait is also a masterpeace,but i missed it :(

RESPECT, great work :!:
v404
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by v404 »

I think it's pretty much safe to say that any & everyone hear have fond things to say about Dan. He is afterall, a "forefather" of the minimal scene among a handful of other artist/djs.. But instead of patting him on the back for the trillionth time I'm going to give Dan some advice.. PLEASE REPRESS YOUR RECORDS. They're in high demand and people want them again. Not just the old DBX stuff but some of the great 7th City releases too..

I'm just planting seeds is all...
Lostra
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Lostra »

i have only to say

SQUIRELL BAIT

no comments
hear for your self

CRAZY STUFF

genius

L.
filth
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by filth »

Ahh yewad Dan Bell is tha bomb!

Losing Control and Acid Freek are both great trax and he is in my opinion the best DJ I've ever heard (subjective I know) The Button-Down Mind Strikes Back is my favour mix album of all time
silentstorm
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by silentstorm »

filth wrote:Ahh yewad Dan Bell is tha bomb!

Losing Control and Acid Freek are both great trax and he is in my opinion the best DJ I've ever heard (subjective I know) The Button-Down Mind Strikes Back is my favour mix album of all time
Loosing control is one of my alltime favourite minimal techno tracks as well. I remember that when it came out he said in an interview, he released it on an european label (peacefrog) as he noticed how much drugs people in eruope take. Kinda smart answer. ironic? but true.
keithkemp
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by keithkemp »

i had the pleasure of working for Dan Bell in the last year (months) of 7th City....although it was a stressful time, Dan taught me a lot about music...as well as some great times hanging out in the old 7th city (formerly KMS) building on Gratiot here in the D...
soo hard to pick a DBX classic...but the first 3 Accelerate 12" do it for me every time...as well as the Elevate Special projects...
v404
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by v404 »

keithkemp wrote:i had the pleasure of working for Dan Bell in the last year (months) of 7th City....although it was a stressful time, Dan taught me a lot about music...as well as some great times hanging out in the old 7th city (formerly KMS) building on Gratiot here in the D...
soo hard to pick a DBX classic...but the first 3 Accelerate 12" do it for me every time...as well as the Elevate Special projects...
Why did 7th City call it quits? I remember hearing ages ago that John Tejada & Justin Maxwell were going to put out an LP on 7th City but that never materialized...
Last edited by v404 on Tue May 16, 2006 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.