Plastikman (Hawtin)

plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

i see around other MB's that viewpoints are different...it's about 50/50,but for me it's nothing special.

i want tracks like psyk and pakkard to hear more often,but that won't happen anymore, i guess.
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
Essaj
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Essaj »

defenitly one of my fave dj's...although i also saw a few performances i really didnt like
Love is intrumental
g
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by g »

Closer is brilliant, people just couldn't get their heads around the vocal use. Altho Consumed is more brilliant.. just a different era of Plastikman. Keep in mind that Consumed was mastered in such a way that it sounds best on large, good speakers. Closer is more intimate and sounds better on good headphones.

My single favorite track is still Are Friends Elektrik and the '95 member CD is most treasured b/c of that.

Spastik (event, not the track) and the toronto live show Sept '95 --> singular points in time. blah blah, i'm old.
Van_Cool
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Van_Cool »

The man that introduced me into the minimal sound.

Favorite track
Pannikatack
adam
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by adam »

I don't even know where to begin here... let's just say I've been listening to his stuff since it more or less began..

Love it all. Both DE9 discs were great, Closer to the Edit was and is my all-time favourite all-purpose listening music. So funky and motivating..

Plastikman stuff: all of it was great, and each release had it's own unique appeal. Artifakts was nice, I get bored of the pad based tracks these days though. Sheet one and the remix of (forget the track name) on recycled plastik was so great...

The "secret" ending of artifakts bc has become kind of a joke with my and my buddy.. whenever we are looking for a stick of gum... "hey, got any GUUUUUUUUUUUuuuummmm?"
adam
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by adam »

Forgot to mention -

Anyone else notice how influencial he's been in the techno and minimal worlds? Seems to me that he's set some standards when it comes to the approach for alot of things..
phonudja
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by phonudja »

*Sheet One* all the way!
I've always preferred his old stuff up to Sickness / Panikattack. Artifakts I thought a bit weak and 'Consumed' is just a different, more analytical, academic approach. The old stuff is minimal, but pure rave!

I remember the first time I ever went to a Techno event (in '92). Plastikman was playing live, and I simply couldn't believe - or even try to understand - what I heard. Pure Bleep! Had to leave the room to listen to the more 'relaxing' sounds of Joey Beltram.
I certainly know what I missed now ...

Closer simply didn't do anything for me. I know I didn't give it the time it might need, but I simply didn't have the patience.
infizero
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by infizero »

i just started listening to his mixmag live again and realize now how good it really is .. one of those masterpieces of acid and minimalism .. a blueprint for later times i believe. :)