Kollektiv Turmstrasse

Cotumo
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Kollektiv Turmstrasse

Post by Cotumo »

ImageImage

Actually one of my favorite liveacts! With releases on No-Response, Ostwind and their new own 12" imprint Musik Gewinnt Freunde they show an impressive variety and they don't fear to make a break and play their beautiful melodies...
Kollektiv Turmstrasse is a project initiated by the musicians Nico Plagemann and Christian Hilscher from Luebeck, Germany. Both of them are linking not only their deep ambitions to electronic music with this project - they also link their passion for performing together. By the time the duo developed it´s pretty own stylistic presence in music, which makes their different inspirations and their sharing passion for electronic music absolutely audible. Nico Plagemann was born 1979 in Wismar, a little town at the baltic sea, and found his way to electronic music at the age of 14 - within the early tracker and demo scene. Fascinated by the possibilities of programming his own tracks, he became a tracker on his own, programming mods with Scream- and Fasttracker. This hobby developed and improved rapidly, and after buying the first electronic hardware instruments, it transformed into a passion. Christian Hilscher was born 1979 in a little coast town named Boltenhagen, in the eastern part of Germany. Already in early years he developed an interest in music and created his first musical pieces with, at those days, popular Tracker tools. After his first open air- and underground parties christian figured out that there would be no way back for him. With his first MKII he started to work on his DJ talent and spent a lot of time making music and working active in culture. He organized his own events which became insider tipps in the regional electronic music scene pretty fast. Christian and Nico got to know each other on a live gig. Contacts were changed, and through sharing their same interest in music, a deep friendship developed. In the following years both of them were spending all their money in their musical equipment, so it was no surprise that musical projects followed soon. Their first tracks were inspired by early Detroit-Techno and Acid House, which changed into dubby groove techno like releases by Raummusik, Mosaik and Basic Channel. But it wasnt just music what was motivating both of them. All their friends were acting in the electronic music scene and everybody was putting own ideas into it. Kollektiv Turmstrasse turned into the main activity and resulted with their first release in 2001 on electronic parliament.

New Weakness EP (MP3) [No Response]
Disconnect Me (12") [Ostwind Records]
Musik Gewinnt Freunde (12") [Musik Gewinnt Freunde]
Verrückte Welt (MP3) [No Response]
Farbenlehre [Musik Gewinnt Freunde]

http://www.kollektiv-turmstrasse.de/
Last edited by Cotumo on Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
juhokusti
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by juhokusti »

The Disconnect Me EP on Ostwind is an absolute killer! Go Turmstrasse!
Harm Rhebergen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Harm Rhebergen »

juhokusti wrote:The Disconnect Me EP on Ostwind is an absolute killer! Go Turmstrasse!
True!

Love it! 8)
*I support southern fruits*
moey
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by moey »

I really like this, just from what is on their myspace page.
Thanks for the tip!

It's great that there is a real tune going on and not only beats, clicks, etc.
minidine
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by minidine »

Ostwind rocks definetly...was out of stock for few weeks... :?
katie_m
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by katie_m »

gr8 guys...gr8 musik...it was a gr8 pleasure to meet them at net audio festival!they r doin careful and quality work!
svenlito
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by svenlito »

katie_m wrote:gr8 guys...gr8 musik...it was a gr8 pleasure to meet them at net audio festival!they r doin careful and quality work!
ja, def !!
Cotumo
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Cotumo »

They play at the 17th of November in Berlin at the Netlag party!