Jamie Lidell

nonstatic
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by nonstatic »

Macsz wrote:sry but a dozen releases in 10 years time and I'm not talking about cd's and remixes... OWN releases? and you are telling me he is already a great producer yeah right...
you are kidding, right? a dozen releases in ten years isnt enough?

lidell was also a member of subhead prior to going solo. they made some of the most twisted techno ever created in the mid nineties, and his presence is easily heard on the first 8 records they did before he left the group.

the guy is and was way ahead of his time. his live sets have been legendary for well over 5 years, he has only gotten the attention recently due to his multiply lp.
The_Glass_Olive
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by The_Glass_Olive »

kexie wrote:great showman too 8)
I saw him last year in Fabric: he was singing/beatboxing live as well as scratching and playing records, they set up the stage for him as if he was a band (!) and he had the whole of room 1 in awe, despite the slow pace/difference of his music compared to usual dance music. I think Anthony Rother (one of my fav producers) was djing in room 2 at the time but Jamie blew me away. Great musician!
smith
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by smith »

nonstatic wrote: lidell was also a member of subhead prior to going solo. they made some of the most twisted techno ever created in the mid nineties, and his presence is easily heard on the first 8 records they did before he left the group.
I liked anything Subhead ever did far more then Multiply.

,g
JThoma
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by JThoma »

Easily one of my all time favorite producers. I'm not nearly as into his new album as I was Muddlin' Gear or any of his Mosquito stuff or Subhead stuff he worked on. But he definitely has the spirit of techno and is an amazing producer, not to mention musician.

It's weird how little people recognize guys like Jamie Lidell, Cristian Vogel, Si Begg, Dave Tarrida or Neil Landstrumm. Some of my favorite stuff ever, but whatever to each there own...
Zsa Zsa
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Zsa Zsa »

this guys got so much soul and rhythm it makes me melt...

i just finished listening to his album multiply (again, and again, it just keeps on growing on me) and honestly, what a brilliant mind.
"Upon the highest throne in the world, we are seated, still, upon our arses." .. Michel de Montaigne
skept
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by skept »

i'm going to see him in november!!!