SCSI-9

juhokusti
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

SCSI-9

Post by juhokusti »

There wasn`t anything on these guys but to me they seem definately a pair of producers to keep checking out in the future. "Transibirski Express" and the new LP are definately worth checking out. Total coolness.

This is from their site though it might be a bit old.

"SCSI-9" are Anton Kubikov and Maxim Milyutenko.

Anton Kubikov was born in 1975 in Moscow. He started his career in 1994 playing at one of the first Moscow's techno clubs - the "Hermitage". This was the time when club culture was rapidly developing in Moscow; soon he became a very popular figure on the city's DJ scene being constantly invited to perform at such dance clubs like "Treasure Island", "Moby dck", "Ptyuch", "Utopia", "X-Dance" and others.

In 1995 he created his own radio show on Russia's first dance FM radio called the "Station". Until its closing in 2001 the "Station" (together with its non-commercial affiliate "Substancia") was the only radio station in Russia exclusively devoted to the modern trends of electronic music. In 1997 Kubikov started making his own tracks. In the past few years his projects "SCSI-9", "Multipliar", "Hero City Movers", "Snowboarder" and "Snooker Boy" became very popular on the Moscow underground electronic scene.

Today together with Maxim Milyutenko he runs his own electronic studio at the broadcasting center near the Moscow TV tower. His music had over 15 releases mainly on German vinyl labels such as "Force Tracks", "Trapez", "Salo", "Traum" and "Freizeitglauben". In Russia he released his first album as Anton Kubikov and made a number of remixes for Russian pop artists. Since 2000 he plays his music live in Russia and Germany, where most part of the audience knows him as "SCSI-9" rather than DJ Kubikov. He still remains one of the most booked popular Russian DJs, well known by clubbers for his fine taste and respected by his DJ-friends for the original playing technique.

Maxim Milyutenko was born in 1970 in Moscow. After graduating school and completing his studying of foreign languages and interpreting in Moscow he started working in an oil and metal trading company. This business career took him back to Cologne, Germany where he had been living for many years when he was a child. In 1995 he decided to leave business and get his second education for sound producing and audio engineering in Wuppertal, Germany.

In 1997 he finally returned to Moscow. In 1998 he recorded his first music - on his own and together with various Russian DJs; with Anton Kubikov later on - these tracks were the first ones to be released on vinyl in Germany. Together with Kubikov they started their joint projects "Snowboarder", "Hero City Movers" and "Snooker Boy", producing mainly deep house and downtempo music. In 1999 he began working in a commercial studio ("First Studio") as an audio engineer. In the year 2000 he became a part of a small team starting up the first Russian dance pop radio station called "Dynamite FM" and still continues working there as a sound producer and an audio engineer. In August 2002 "Dynamite FM" was ranked number one in the Moscow's FM radio stations' rating list.

In the year 2000 Kubikov and Milyutenko have put the equipment they had together to build up their own studio. Already being the part of "Hero City Movers", "Snowboarder" and "Snooker Boy" projects, Milyutenko joined Kubikov's most advanced electronic project "SCSI-9" in 2001. Together they presently produce underground dance music, downtempo tracks and remixes. In 2002 they recorded their first soundtrack for a theatre staging at one of Moscow's drama theatres. In autumn 2002 they played their first live show together in Moscow. On November 9th 2002 SCSI-9 played live at the famous "Fabric" club in London, UK.

In April 2003 the well known German label "Force Tracks" released their first full size album "Digital Russian" on double LP and CD, and in June the German label "Kompakt" released a SCSI-9 EP and included it on their famous "Total Five" compilation.

SEPTEMBER 6, 2003 YEAR SCSI-9 gave the first live performance outside of Moscow! Privelige club in Cheliabinsk has given a warm welcome to the band and another 300 visitors. It is a great underground club with nice staff, absolutely terrific design and cool atmosphere.
delayer
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by delayer »

I like them ... saw their performance in Serbia a week ago ...

offtopic - The recent time I'm somehow connected to Russia ... SCSI performance and reading one of the best books i got my hands on - The brothers Karamazov ;)
I'd like to visit that country some day ... 8)
juhokusti
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by juhokusti »

hopefully we`ll get them to play Helsinki this fall. tried to get them before but schedules didn`t fit.
emoke
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by emoke »

woah, they created lots of wonderful masterpieces, what else do we need? 8)
I own all of your candies!
Freefall
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Freefall »

I love them , really , their album is not coming out of my player , every day!! 8)
modii
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by modii »

yeah i'm a fan.
jaba
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jaba »

i'm gonna bring them very soon to TBILISI georgia so be my guest :)
flesh
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by flesh »

definitely one of my favorite russian producers...