carlsam
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Jeremy P. Caulfield

Post by carlsam »

[/img]http://www.discogs.com/image/A-150-65109-1117390623.jpg[/img]

Jeremy P Caulfield[Bubba]
Biography

The last few years have been extremely busy for Jeremy Caulfield. Not only has his Dumb-unit label seen massive growth internationally, his own productions and performances have had a considerable impact on the global techno and minimal scene. A consummate producer, DJ and Live Act Jeremy has toured the world extensively with a rough, edgy and immediately recognizable sound. Stalking and complex, Jeremy's productions follow a theme and sound that defy the typical stereotypes of todays techno. In the last 4 years Jeremy has released 3 mix CDs, recorded numerous classic records for labels such as WMF, Trapez and Dumb-Unit, remixed an impressive roster and impressed many with his crisp rocking live sets. Additionally; Dumb-Unit itself has now put out over 30 vinyl releases and has awaken the world with a continuously evolving roster of talented artists. Before infiltrating the international stage, Jeremy was instrumental in developing Toronto's rich techno scene in the mid to late nineties. One of Toronto's most prolific techno and tech house DJs he held some of the city's top residencies and was a major force behind many of the most influential techno movements that passed through the city.

Releases:
The Cities (12") Trapez 2002
Haunted Days EP (12") WMF Records 2003
New Memory EP (12") Trapez 2003
Runaway (12") Dumb-Unit 2003
Untitled (12") Trapez 2003
Cavalcade EP (12") Dumb-Unit 2004
Grotbox (Remixes) (12") Dumb-Unit 2005
Scar City (12") Dumb-Unit 2005
Tumble-Dry (12") Dumb-Unit 2006[/img]
moey
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by moey »

I really like this guy, although the only release of his I have is Grotbox.
He's playing here in nyc next weekend and I'm definitely looking forward to hearing his set.
skept
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by skept »

i have a number of his records and dumb-unit records which are all top notch. i also just saw this guy play at demf this year which was great :D :D :D
carlsam
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by carlsam »

That DEMF set was great, too bad it was cut short though. I'm looking forward to hopefully seeing him again in the near future.
Posso
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Posso »

Against the Rip! Hotness, him and his label are right on the forefront...
carlsam
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by carlsam »

I'm trying to keep this thread going, since I think he is under-rated. Dumb-Unit is releasing such great artists. Any other feedback? JPC deserves more than 2 replies!
leeism
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by leeism »

Jeremy is indeed ace - he's one of only two guests in four years at our club that we've asked back. Super nice guy too.
vakant
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

hilarious

Post by vakant »

dear jeremy,

this reply is for you and your growing poodle family. greetings to sandy, mandy, candy and rudolfo.

all the best
alex