[UK] 2/5/2010: Kiss Me Again w/ LEROSA (Uzuri, Ostgut) (LDN)

any
peder
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

[UK] 2/5/2010: Kiss Me Again w/ LEROSA (Uzuri, Ostgut) (LDN)

Post by peder »

--

KISS ME AGAIN

Bank Holiday Sunday 2 May 2010
9pm - 4.30am
The Russian Bar
267 Kingsland Road E2 8AS
£4 before midnight / £5 after

--

"Here I run uptown as fast as I can..." Yes, to borrow from the song that we were named after, Kiss Me Again is back, but at a new, more central location, on Kingsland Road. Leaving behind The Bunker Club, and embracing our Cyrillic compadres at THE RUSSIAN BAR, we are happy to announce that LEROSA will be rocking the twelve tens at our next party.

We happened to chance upon a Faith fanzine interview with him from a year or so ago recently in which he avowed to be not much of a DJ, but fortunately Leopoldo Rosa (as it says on his passport) has spent the last year systematically rubbishing his own self-deprecation with mix after quality mix for various blog type people like mnmlssgs, Bodytonic and Infinite State Machine. We're extremely happy to be hosting Leo's debut London DJ appearance!

We're also similarly overjoyed to welcome back our buddies from Botley, who will be spinning downstairs and are now a permanent fixture at our parties. Not to mention that it's a BANK HOLIDAY weekend, extended hours from 9pm-4.30am, and still only £4 (before midnight). 'Nuff reasons? 'Nuff said. See you on the dancefloor!

--

LEROSA (Uzuri, Real Soon, Millions of Moments, Quintessentials, Ostgut Ton)

Leopoldo Rosa aka Lerosa has built up a sterling reputation over the past few years, with early releases on London's excellent Real Soon label and A Touch Of Class, followed by more recent records on new jack deep house labels like Uzuri, Millions of Moments and Quintessentials. His intricate, inventive style brings to mind fellow house aesthetes like Isolée or Larry Heard, but that's not to say that his records don't kick on the floor either. Since rediscovering DJing a couple of years ago, his tracks have become noticeably more jacking, with the excellent Night Radio EP on Uzuri, and an exclusive track "Plesso" on Tama Sumo's Panoramabar 02 mix. That last name-drop gives you some idea of the calibre of DJs that have been spinning Leo's tunes, and his own DJ skills are no less advanced, as recent gigs at Module in Tokyo, and in his adopted hometown of Dublin prove. We're lucky to have his debut DJ appearance in London, after past live sets for Fabric and Süd Electronic.

PEDER MATTHIAS (Little White Earbuds)

Mixed up music for mixed up people.

THE BOTLEY SOUNDSYSTEM

ARTY, BLEIMANN, SPEEDY G & ANDY B and JOSEPH BISCLAVRET smashing the sh!t (and the poles!) outta the basement with deep and kicking house and techno! Ja, geil!
Wagamuffin
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Wagamuffin »

interested to see what lerosa plays..
peder
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by peder »

Wagamuffin wrote:interested to see what lerosa plays..
this february promo mix might give you a ballpark idea... hope you can make it :)
brosky
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by brosky »

if theres nothing more interesting , maybe i`l come to this one
peder
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by peder »

brosky wrote:if theres nothing more interesting , maybe i`l come to this one
hopefully you didn't find anything more interesting.

tonight! hope to see you there.