sonar 2008

any
grave
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by grave »

Resistance wrote:
grave wrote:anyone been to primavera? whats it like? im seriously thinking of doing that instead.
i went last year to primavera.... excellent festival. very down to earth and the crowd is a bit more normal.... mixed crowd, young - old, ravers -rockers... the electronic acts last year were fairly decent. first time they put some good focus on electronica... some acts last year as a comparison were Ivan Smagghe, Dominik Eulberg, Justice, Luke Slater, to name a few.

worth checking out
how does it compare to sonar week? good atmosphere? parties going on all over the city?
TiEZ
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by TiEZ »

18`06 We Contra flow (top secret) > zero dB
19`06 Th Fellini > martin eyerer
19`06 Th Warehouse > format b., ...
20`06 Fr Moog > Harrykleinnight: Glimpse live, Lee van Dowski
21`06 Sa Airport Beach “Chiringuieto Sugar Beach” > fraenzen texas
21`06 Sa Airport Beach “Chiringuieto Sugar Beach” > formatb,tomclark,ruederagelstein,empro
21`06 Sa Moog > Shir Khan live, Pan/Tone
22`06 Su Gostimirovic party > tolga fidan

more...
Resistance
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Resistance »

[/quote] how does it compare to sonar week? good atmosphere? parties going on all over the city?[/quote]

there isn't a 'buzz' around the city when primavera is on.... its a low key festival where the acts are mainly bands. And there aren't any parties happening around the city directly related to the Primavera festival, as it all happens on site, unlike sonar where parties are scattered around the city.

still i enjoyed it... but if electronica is your strong preference, then go to sonar again or save your pennies and check out the many EDM festivals around europe this summer
-ix
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by -ix »

patrick bateman wrote:The last couple of years, the lineup for Sonar it self hasn't been that interesting, but I guess it surely isn't the reason why people are going?
I find the professional part of Sonar quite good, and the parties around in town very cool, and, oh well, Barcelona is also my fave EU town... :)

Sad with the beach parties last year, any good news on that part?
What's with the beaches Patrick?
colmenares
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by colmenares »

-ix wrote:
patrick bateman wrote:The last couple of years, the lineup for Sonar it self hasn't been that interesting, but I guess it surely isn't the reason why people are going?
I find the professional part of Sonar quite good, and the parties around in town very cool, and, oh well, Barcelona is also my fave EU town... :)

Sad with the beach parties last year, any good news on that part?
What's with the beaches Patrick?
a lot of the beach parties got shut down early by the cops... in any case they had really shitty soundsystems... that's was a big negative for me
Future Collective FTW!

http://colectivofuturo.com
grave
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by grave »

Resistance wrote:
how does it compare to sonar week? good atmosphere? parties going on all over the city?[/quote]

there isn't a 'buzz' around the city when primavera is on.... its a low key festival where the acts are mainly bands. And there aren't any parties happening around the city directly related to the Primavera festival, as it all happens on site, unlike sonar where parties are scattered around the city.

still i enjoyed it... but if electronica is your strong preference, then go to sonar again or save your pennies and check out the many EDM festivals around europe this summer[/quote]

theres loads of bands on the lineup i love, but i still want a good party. what is the 'dance tent' like at primavera? people up for it?
Resistance
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Resistance »

yeah i guess they were up for it.... it wasn't too packed but a good turn out in general for the dj's.

i guess you will only know if you go. enjoy if you do... i'm not sure when they are releasing the line up though
grave
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by grave »

808 state, digital mystikz, model 500, ellen allien, thomas brinkmann, robert hood, and supermayer are all there. so thats already more quality techno than sonar has, which is ridiculous.