work'n class folks.... whats your day job?

- open
Gerhart
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Gerhart »

Sales Representative for HP at daytime.
Studying psychology at night.

The worst job I ever did was pouring oil in a peanut-filled trench at a nut-factory and then having to mix the content of the trench with my hands. One week and I was out of there.

Hands smelled like peanuts for two weeks. :(
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

john clees wrote:lol : we should start a new thread : worst job you ever had...
where to start.

i've had quite a few shitty jobs. (always for me the sh!t ones were actually kind of the best when I look back?)

but the worst was about a year in a big supermarket.

Low morale. Bullying of those less able than others. Massive egos. Operating as close to lawless as is legal but morally disgusting (e.g. I had a motor accident and when I came back I was given a written warning about unsatisfactory attendence). Pillaging of the earth and many of it's species.

I learnt a lot while I was there and had some good fun, but any longer and I would have had to kill myself.
TMCM
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by TMCM »

i'm selling used furniture and other stuff at a second-hand shop. was not the job i learned (technical drafter), but it turned out to be something that suits me and i think, i will do it some more years.

worst job ever was being the paperboy: me against the weather - i lost... :|
coffee makes you happy... except when it messes you up.
Twitter Last.FM Facebook
Vox
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Vox »

Dragonsand wrote:No professional ambition. My love for philosophy made me bored of everything, including philosophy. I need a cure or a rope.
Too much Schopenhauer?
Spurn
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Spurn »

i coordinate billing for an advertising agency.
it's about as fun and fulfilling as coordinating billing for an advertising agency.
i hate it and they keep promoting me. :roll:

while i loathe what i do now, i cant rly say its the worse job ive had since it pays the bills and affords me the luxury of buying production equipment and pursuing my passion in djing/production. and otherwise i've been one of the few lucky enough to not have any really terrible job experiences but if i HAD to pick one id say working for this comedy club selling tickets on the street. it was cool to meet ppl and my coworkers were funny but it was hard getting ppl to buy tickets, i sucked at it, and also we'd have to stand out in the rain sometimes. i quit after a week, it just wasnt for me.

id actually still rank that as worse than when i worked for UPS and hurt my back. :lol:
dav.id
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dav.id »

Gerhart wrote:The worst job I ever did was pouring oil in a peanut-filled trench at a nut-factory and then having to mix the content of the trench with my hands. One week and I was out of there.

Hands smelled like peanuts for two weeks. :(
it remember me when I worked in a butter factory to make some real britany butter from italy concentrate butter. It was stinky, durty and after few days completely disgusting. And most of all I realize how much that was sh!t when my co-worker just came out from jail and that was his only way to rehabilitate.

It convinces me to do some studies for a job without business.

I'm working as socio-cultural organizer for 5 school (primary and secondary) in a beautiful rural region.

I thinking about to throw all that institutional sh!t away and becoming an human without economical and ideological compromise. Maybe I should return to study how to be an artist.

p.s. : maybe all that sh!tty jobs (and all that fck top idea of work) are an explanation why we're all addict to techno music.
tabula rasa
dav.id
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dav.id »

sorry dble post.
tabula rasa
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

user interface designer in the video game industry. creatively exhausting and can leave little time for music and personal gratification.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest