Best speaker/monitor & amplifier

- open
RGRPGN
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Best speaker/monitor & amplifier

Post by RGRPGN »

Hi guys, I’d like to know which are the best monitors or speakers & amplifier on the market currently in this year.

I’ve started my research when I have listened the TPI soundsystem in Phonica Records shop @ London, that sound was great and I know that they have a model of speaker (TPI RN1) but I don’t know their price. I’ve listened already JBL 4343 and their sound is incredibile.

Now my budget isn’t very expensive but I’m going to search the best setup for a room, budget 600€ more or less but if it will be necessary I think to spend more of this.

Anyone know the best solution for me? Speaker + amplifier for my room? Now I have an old Luxman amplifier + a pair of old infinity and the sound now is very deep and high quality.

I would like to say that I’ve also heard two types of active monitor Krk Rokit or Yamaha hs5 type but that sounds is totally different, more spatial, more “robotic”, not that I’m searching...

I accept all type of suggestions and tips to change my old setup for an upgrade which can increases the quality of sound. Thanks for attention and happy new year -smurf :)
MSGJ
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: Best speaker/monitor & amplifier

Post by MSGJ »

There's a french company called Focal which makes some really good monitoring speakers. The cheapest model is the Alpha 50, and it's around 500€ for the pair. I guess you can look it up on their website to find what monitors suits you best.
Cheers !
RGRPGN
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by RGRPGN »

MSGJ wrote:There's a french company called Focal which makes some really good monitoring speakers. The cheapest model is the Alpha 50, and it's around 500€ for the pair. I guess you can look it up on their website to find what monitors suits you best.
Cheers !
Thanks for reply man, I'm searching info about them now :)
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

my budget isn’t very expensive but I’m going to search
I've heard endless after-hours parties, basement parties, ect on Mackies which have glorious mid & highs.

Using low-end for wooded subwoofers...

it had such spectrum harmony - it glowed.

:-flower
RGRPGN
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by RGRPGN »

John Clees wrote:
my budget isn’t very expensive but I’m going to search
I've heard endless after-hours parties, basement parties, ect on Mackies which have glorious mid & highs.

Using low-end for wooded subwoofers...

it had such spectrum harmony - it glowed.

:-flower
Thanks again John, have you ever heard something about Jbl vintage series? (example Jbl 4343, 4311, 4315 ecc...)
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

Exact same concept...Seems like some of those may have come even before the market demand.

Some of those look gorgeous!

Sure you can spend a mint on the concept to buy name brand, but I was more thinking/referring to taking a nameless brand, putting a subwoofer in a wooden box frame and having magic, but whatever is in your budget to get there... I think due to the cost some of these may just be marketing hype, but for sure I'm a new fan.

Edit: US $6,980.00 - https://www.ebay.com/itm/JBL-4343-Pair- ... 3695202477

Obviously, they are marketed to 60-year olds as collector pieces... Haha...

* Ummm yeah... -surprised flower
RGRPGN
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by RGRPGN »

John Clees wrote:Exact same concept...Seems like some of those may have come even before the market demand.

Some of those look gorgeous!

Sure you can spend a mint on the concept to buy name brand, but I was more thinking/referring to taking a nameless brand, putting a subwoofer in a wooden box frame and having magic, but whatever is in your budget to get there... I think due to the cost some of these may just be marketing hype, but for sure I'm a new fan.

P.s. US $6,980.00 - https://www.ebay.com/itm/JBL-4343-Pair- ... 3695202477

Obviously, they are marketed to 60-year olds as collector pieces... Haha...

* Ummm yeah... -surprised flower
Ahahah yes, I understand your opinion :)

I'm really attracted by this due to the vintage aspect and sounds, price is so high but I have a pair of Infinity reference 1i and the sound is super clean...I don't know to keep a pair of passive boxes like this or change and take a pair of active speakers -squint
haisai
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by haisai »

If you can have a listen to ELAC B6 or Debut B6.2, very good speakers and they give a good amount of base with nice clarity on the top. I have it coupled to a onkyo A9010 and the sound is very nice, it would come in under your budget but worth a listen.