Second hand record stores in Berlin

- open
MartyHofstra
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Second hand record stores in Berlin

Post by MartyHofstra »

Hi there,

At the end of July I'm visiting Berlin with some friends for some goold old partying (& to check out the city). Me and one mate want to spend one day digging during the trip. I was wondering if somebody has a recommendation for a second hand record store with electronic music? Preferably minimal/(tech)-house/ techno but I'm open for other (electronic) stuff too. I've been to Audio-in before which was nice but I would like to check out something else. At HHV, Spacehall and Hardwax ordering online is also possible so I don't really feel the urge to digging there.

From what I've heard, the Record Loft is supposed to be a good place for second-hand digging. Can any of the Berliners (or people that have visited) share their experience? Or recommend another store ofcourse. :)

Thanks in advance!
Marty
thekidchilly
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: Second hand record stores in Berlin

Post by thekidchilly »

Probably too late on the response, but Bikini Waxx in Kreuzberg and The Record Loft are my favorite digs in Berlin. Bikini Waxx has a really well organized selection, lots of new and used records. The Record Loft is a little more of a dig, similar to A1 in NYC if you're familiar.
MartyHofstra
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by MartyHofstra »

It was a little too late indeed, thanks for the reply though ;) I ended up going to the Record Loft twice, amazing store if you want to get your hands dirty. Best find: Villalobos remix of the Sinner in me by Depeche Mode. Since it is a white label it was a nice surprise. I will check out Bikini Waxx next time I visit Berlin.
pluto
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by pluto »

record loft used to be a great place for digging 4-5 years ago. spacehall also has a huge stock of second-hand records. others are marla and black-round-twelve
jsz
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jsz »

Loved SpaceHall when I was there few years ago.
darkspiritcut
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by darkspiritcut »

yeah spacehall is wicked, some really great finds there. minimal section is huge too!

not been to record loft's new incarnation yet. how is it?