Occult symbolism in minimal music

- open
Alert
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: Occult symbolism in minimal music

Post by Alert »

John Clees wrote:In the end, Marketing is marketing so hype, saying something on purpose or just saying that to get attention, all one in the same
t r u t h
0015user
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by 0015user »

John Clees wrote:
0015user wrote: I think you're right about never being sure of what's real or fake, just by what people are saying. Even when you are someone who experiences it's hard to determine if there's a scientific explanation or if it really has something to do with other entities. Besides of that I'm wondering if those magicians you talk about are only 'saying' they are getting help from entities outside of our dimension or not..

The same thing I'm wondering about the tracks I posted earlier. Here are the good links:

https://www.beatport.com/track/speechle ... ix/7283670

https://www.beatport.com/track/untitled ... ix/5941372

I am still curious what you think would make the difference between these two. Do you hear a specific technique being used, or a reason why the second one feels much more tense and paranoid than the first (while both being dark)?
Well they have entirely different landscape. Not sure why you want to compare two tracks. One is playable the other sounds ordinary. They aren't the same. the other one is perhaps mixed down to be very quiet, doesn't really go anywhere in the time chosen for the sample, and follows the standard track journey.

the other dark one is stripped down, mixed down before mastering to be louder I'd guess, crunchier, using dark vocals correctly always makes for a half way interesting track, plus the track sample goes through a stripped down process where other elements come out where the first track sample that was choose doesn't go through many changes and you certainly dont get to hear other elements as you do with the darker track. the mastering could also be a factor. the darker one aesthetically sounds better, let alone feeling, atmosphere, uniqueness, sample volume level, or section chosen for the beatport sample, ect..

So what you are saying is that the second one is simply produced in a better, thus making it sound better/darker/more intense? That sounds interesting. I'm also a producer and trying to understand what you mean exactly about the production techniques. Would be cool if I could achieve the same thing by getting better at producing.

What do you mean with stripped down process? How does he/does a producer achieve that process?

What is the difference between a track that is mixed down to be soft and one that is mixed down to be louder? How does a producer achieve the first or the latter? Do you know some techniques how to mix down a track so it will be mastered louder?

And how do you mean exactly that the dark vocals are used in a right way? You mean they take the rhythmic place in a way a lead/percussive element would?

When I listen to both tracks I hear a difference in atmosphere (but also they are a bit similar, because they are both dark I guess). What makes the second atmosphere 'better' than the first?

And what do you mean with this sentence: or section chosen for the beatport sample, (sorry, I'm not an native english speaker haha)
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

0015user wrote:So what you are saying is that the second one is simply produced in a better,
not sure what you mean by that.

I call troll. happy fishing.
0015user
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by 0015user »

John Clees wrote:
0015user wrote:So what you are saying is that the second one is simply produced in a better,
not sure what you mean by that.

I call troll. happy fishing.
Sorry man, I ment 'in a better way'. I was typing it during work time and I'm not an English speaker haha

I understand I might be asking too much of you. Can you at least tell me what you mean with a stripped down way of producing? (And how he used it in his track)

And what the guy of untitled01 has done to mixdown his track to be loud instead of soft?
TwelveHundred
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by TwelveHundred »

I could answer all of your questions about the Occult AND how I as a dj and producer view it.
I understand im digging this thread up...

Do you want to listen to what I have to say?
TwelveHundred
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by TwelveHundred »

Alert wrote:
John Clees wrote:In the end, Marketing is marketing so hype, saying something on purpose or just saying that to get attention, all one in the same
t r u t h
Agents of Fortune... nice pic.
I unfortunately do not know the meanings of that symbol
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

TwelveHundred wrote:Do you want to listen to what I have to say?
Is that a rytorical question? :)

It appears you have something to share.

Feel free.
WhosThatGirl
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by WhosThatGirl »

+1