Can someone explain how to paste/embed Deejay previews

- open
austenscottdj
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Can someone explain how to paste/embed Deejay previews

Post by austenscottdj »

Can someone explain how to paste/embed Deejay previews into post.

I got the code of the player, but when I pasted it in to the post just showed as code.

Went through forum and FAQs but could not find any info.

Apologies for trivial question!

Best
brooklyn1
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Can someone explain how to paste/embed Deejay previews

Post by brooklyn1 »

Post the URL of the release, highlight the entire URL and click the deejay button at the top.

No embed codes just the URL.
Save the planet, Kill Yourself.
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

right below the bold / text options when you post a thread or a response, there are multiple buttons to use.

deejay / heart / juno / soundclound / soudclound playlist / vimeo / youtube & zippyshare.

highlight the link - then click on one of these buttons.

welcome to the forum.

:-flower
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

also what brooklyn was trying to say is.. there are a cutoff amount of characters used for a link....
it's always better to use the [url] button. (hightlight link - click on [url] button above)...
most links will expire, showing a partial link - it won't connect to the link posted, and then someone will say/post invalid link.
* meaning if you want to be safe, post the direct link, highlight the link, and use the [URL] button. it's an extra step but the link will always be valid. many post get lost in dead links and lot of energy trying to seek information ending in expired/dead links.
austenscottdj
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by austenscottdj »

John Clees wrote:also what brooklyn was trying to say is.. there are a cutoff amount of characters used for a link....
it's always better to use the [url] button. (hightlight link - click on [url] button above)...
most links will expire, showing a partial link - it won't connect to the link posted, and then someone will say/post invalid link.
* meaning if you want to be safe, post the direct link, highlight the link, and use the [URL] button. it's an extra step but the link will always be valid. many post get lost in dead links and lot of energy trying to seek information ending in expired/dead links.
Cheers mate for getting back to me,

But I think I still have not done it right... here is the post. http://www.mnml.nl/phpBB3/viewtopic.php ... 62#p492362

The link is working but the player is not showing up, sure I followed instructions to a T!

Best,
austenscottdj
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by austenscottdj »

Solved it, it was just that I could not see it as on new macbook with no flash (at the time).

Thanks for all your help and the welcome to the forum. Look forward to getting involved and sharing some bits.

Austen
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

yeah i talked to deejay.de about that, as it seems its not so easy to rework that pitching function into html5, but they are working on it