Repairing Vinyls w/Scratches

- open
scooby
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Repairing Vinyls w/Scratches

Post by scooby »

To be 100% honest, tried doing a search for this topic but didnt find anything... Also only spent about a minute searching haha... but since I didnt see an immediate thread, I wanted to ask all you vinyl lovers... any tips or strategies in fixing records that have scratches?

Im fairly new to records, started collecting them beginning of this year and already have a good amount. But somehow I keep scratching my records. I feel that I take the precautions necessary to prevent them from scratching, but somehow they just end up appearing. I'm pretty anal about my stuff as well, taking good care of everything. Although none of you are in my actual situation, if anyone could shed some light on what I possibly may be doing wrong, would be greatly appreciated. I've had a few gigs and I play with my records pretty often about 20+ hours a week. Thanks! <3 this forum.
SanderMartin
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: Repairing Vinyls w/Scratches

Post by SanderMartin »

You should know you unfortunately can't 'repair' vinyl or remove scratches from records
scooby
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: Repairing Vinyls w/Scratches

Post by scooby »

SanderMartin wrote:You should know you unfortunately can't 'repair' vinyl or remove scratches from records
hey sander, thanks for your reply. i saw this video and i thought maybe there might be some less intensive ways to fix them