The Beatport Sound

- open
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Re: The Beatport Sound

Post by Themis »

yeah luciano is the perfect example, i say 99% of what he plays is the worst beatport techhouse there is

EDIT: ahh listen to this set brings out all my hate, this is worse than EDM in my opinion. i would listen to a deadmaus gig any day over luciano :D
breton
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by breton »

Themis wrote:ahh listen to this set brings out all my hate
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

ah and DJ W!ld, everytime i hear this name i think of Beatport Sound :D
Papa Bear
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Papa Bear »

Themis wrote:ah and DJ W!ld, everytime i hear this name i think of Beatport Sound :D
Spot on mate. That guy is a poster boy for beatport sound.
LSTL
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by LSTL »

area remote
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

MlclmDXXX wrote:OK, so it's more EDM rubbish than the stuff I necessarily thought.
well perhaps not exactly.. I posted the extreme end result of Tiesto, however perhaps that is the underneath discussion all together :?:

what was once was a huge divide between funky clever intricate minimal and trance before the digital push of 2005-2012 has now became a genre spawned into mediocrity in and of itself. on it's 10th rotation cycle of "deep house", it's like the space between the two genre's has spawned into truly endless saturated majority. initially beatport demanded artists have what...4-5 ep's in advance or something very specific many years ago, nearly forcing their entire roaster of artists to have such gigantic turn over based on an unrealistic demand, that beatport themselves created the very market they've watered down from greed... 10,000 tracks and artists that have little to no difference between any of their tracks/sound. for me personally, I wouldn't say the question is "who" are these artists, but just conclude that 95% or more "are" the "beatport sound" artists that have spawned up from that type of numbers based system...where quantity was better suited as a business model vs. artistic integrity. I believe they've attempted to address this and have a more relaxed business model for releases currently vs before, however there is : cause and effect : naturally we are seeing, hearing & feeling the effects from many many years of this.. and i'm sure it will years before things may balance out. maybe one day having a release on beatport could be something sacred and special and not something you get out of the way over the weekend using your free loops sample pack...

I suppose a positive effect could possibly be more and more artist releasing bootlegs that will never make it to the commercial market, triggering a surge of truly free spirited creative music that will completely stay clear from any beatport PR fast food/vending machine... so perhaps what has now pushed things completely back to art and the "underground" bootlegs, untitled label's, untitled artist, ect... ... which has always survived any market ... perhaps this will counterbalance this horrible cycle of saturation...

-surprised flower
MlclmDXXX
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by MlclmDXXX »

Trust John Clees to give me an answer from which I can learn.

Thanks.

/

Breton, I listened to Prosumer, whom I now rate, predominantly because of his track selection and his use of vinyl. However, his mixing isn't brilliant and he doesn't produce much music. I would also be curious to see how his style translates to performing in front of thousands of people as opposed to several hundred.

You would describe (Prosumer) as real, but I would actually like to know what makes him more real than someone like Seth Troxler...save for the fact that not many people know who he is, and he has acknowledged he has depression?
Last edited by MlclmDXXX on Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

the few people who come here are not listening to music since yesterday.
look, everyone here had a time when we danced to artists who we wouldnt go see now even if someone paid us to.

from your posts it seems like you are exactly in this time of your life. many artists, much sounds really good to you.

no one wants to take that from you, just be happy about it as long as it lasts.

cause from my experience and my friends, it will definitely not last very long.
soon the artists you go crazy about now, will sound dull, you will go on a search for something different, and someday you join this board and tell some newbie that jamie jones is still sh!t.

young people who listen to EDM, jamie jones and all the hottest artists on ibiza right now, dont hang around in message boards - they are out there, probably fucking high and having the best time of their life :)
so listen to whatever you like, dont search for approval from some old farts haha