PART-TIME PUNKS: ARE AMATEURS RUINING DANCE MUSIC?

- open
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Re: PART-TIME PUNKS: ARE AMATEURS RUINING DANCE MUSIC?

Post by John Clees »

amateur journos, or amateur musicians.
personally I don't think it's about either. I feel the real message was about long term investment in the community vs. individuals and PR ppl that could care less on how they affect anything at all. People that have no long term ties with the community, and it's just all about profit and milking a system based on "looks" not substance. I didn't take that article in anyway about pro's vs amateurs or day job vs. full time, but rather people in things for the long hall vs. the dine n dash... it's moved into "online appearance" draw vs. quality, substance, and actual value. and because it gets set back to zero so quickly, for the most part, no one notices...
Vipp
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: PART-TIME PUNKS: ARE AMATEURS RUINING DANCE MUSIC?

Post by Vipp »

John Clees wrote:and it's just all about profit and milking a system based on "looks" not substance. I didn't take that article in anyway about pro's vs amateurs or day job vs. full time, but rather people in things for the long hall vs. the dine n dash... it's moved into "online appearance" draw vs. quality, substance
Thats what its all about for me: Looks vs Substance, the problem is that regular people tend to pay more attention to looks rather than substance