Not sure
6%

Total votes: 17

SanderMartin
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: Minimum Post Amount for TrackID Section: Whats Your Thou

Post by SanderMartin »

Papa Bear wrote:lovin elektro would disagree with you. The guy's got near a thousand posts, pretty much all of them asking for ID's.
We're even forgetting all the ID requests he probably made via PM, i see i have several by various aliases of him lol
John Clees wrote:I suppose as with anything else, we can always change things back later on...
perhaps a vote could be in order...

* adjusted initial post to have poll or perhaps it should be in a new topic..?
Just try it out for a while :) something like x posts minimum + single analyses by a mod/admin
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

Papa Bear wrote:lovin elektro would disagree with you. The guy's got near a thousand posts, pretty much all of them asking for ID's. It's become sort of like a full time job for him. I think we should make him an official mascot of this forum.
mrMartin wrote: i see i have several by various aliases of him lol
:lol:

I'm sure this forum adjustment has been a long time coming as well. my only thoughts are for the ones that didn't abuse this section with under 100 post who also contribute as well...
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

New private id section created !!!

Any member with at least 100 post that would like to participate in our new private id section please send me a pm and I can review your posting history. * if you feel you should be added due to helping others but have less than 100 post - please also write me directly.

ps. I can't do this automatically. I have to manually add each member one at time. if I've missed a few (which I'm sure I have) please send me a quick pm.
rap_dot_com
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by rap_dot_com »

Dang, I'm quite a ways away from 100 and it probably would take a long time. . .
brooklyn1
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by brooklyn1 »

Think should have left the old id section there and made a separate private one.

Best bet would be like the older popular id forum had, being able to hide parts of your posts behind the post count barrier.

This way everyone could see thread, and who ever posts the ID picks how many posts needed to view the post.
Save the planet, Kill Yourself.
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

brooklyn1 wrote: should have left the old id section there and made a separate private one.
Yeah I was thinking that myself - fixed. old one added back. we can build the private subforums moving forward...
brooklyn1 wrote:the older popular id forum had, being able to hide parts of your posts behind the post count barrier.
what forum was that? you are referring to an entirely different forum?
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

there is a ranking system, 50-100-500, but it just gives your a picture with dots as a post count. I didn't see anywhere how to attached a ranking system to any section of any forum. I'm always open to try to figure out a way, but after a few attempts I didn't see anything...

If anything it's a better system to just review posts. as mention someone could have 200 post all (only) asking for id's...
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

The only thing we're really doing now after the last adjustment is just adding another track ID section over to the private sections of the forum as well. that's all. so everyone should be able to see the old section as it was.

* correction - I need to adjust the settings so everyone can see the old section again - now that I'm testing someones account, I see it's still blocked..

:)