Russia

- open
gillsans
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Russia

Post by gillsans »

Russia, your music intrigues and moves me. Its deep, full and lush and I want more. My heart used to live in Germany but now Russia holds it dear.

Lets talk about Russia some more and what artists are from there? I live in Canada and have never been to Europe but I notice the sounds between Germany and Russia although similar are still very different.

Is the Russian sound a reflection of its enviroment?

Thanks Russia for the great music. :)
Keepin' the beats deep in the groove bunker
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

russians have like the most advanced electronic scene in the world. fck me idm was like the best kept secret in st petersburg. while all of the warp artists were cropping fame russians were making a silent breakthru.

this is like the best resource for russian electronica online.

electrosputnik

artists like; syntetika, dunaevsky 69, fizzarum, vesna, galaktlan, lazyfish and novel 23 are one of my favourite russian musicians.
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
AVX23
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AVX23 »

@ Plaster : fizzarum : f@ck yeah !

Only thing I don't like about Russia is the stoopid myspace spams they seem to be geddin upto - No I don't want to start a ficticious relationship with a ripped off photo from a catalogue, and no I don't want to pay you to come here, If there's any such Russians here - I am skint - leave me alone !!! Also - my : myspace page specifically reads : no hawkers - so beat it !!

:) LOL

But other than that - I have to agree, some quality sh!t coming out of the Russia :)
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

AVX23 wrote:@ Plaster : fizzarum : f@ck yeah !

i wanna get their sample pack! they put a promo zip from the sample release like a while ago and it rocks. so much clever use of synthesis makes me think what is processing all about.
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

by the way, here's the demo samplepack.

http://nightlightmusic.net/plaster/tres ... ronica.rar
Last edited by plaster on Mon May 08, 2006 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AVX23
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AVX23 »

plaster wrote:
AVX23 wrote:@ Plaster : fizzarum : f@ck yeah !

i wanna get their sample pack! they put a promo zip from the sample release like a while ago and it rocks. so much clever use of synthesis makes me think what is processing all about.
s good they are still going , I remember reading about them in Future music years ago, and they seemed to disappear, didn't realise they were releasing sample packs an stuff - I need to find out more !! very inspirational band for me when I first heard them.

Off checking I go - good info man :)
dou
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by dou »

plaster wrote:russians have like the most advanced electronic scene in the world. fck me idm was like the best kept secret in st petersburg. while all of the warp artists were cropping fame russians were making a silent breakthru.

this is like the best resource for russian electronica online.

electrosputnik

artists like; syntetika, dunaevsky 69, fizzarum, vesna, galaktlan, lazyfish and novel 23 are one of my favourite russian musicians.
artists mentioned have produced amazing material. i would also have to add Ambidextrous too. all the shaped harmonics stuff is very good.
theres also Sleepy Town Manufacture.
the sutemos netlabel might be a good place to start exploring artist names
the "minimal" trend has maximised
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

sutemos is good, altho lithuanian. their intelligent toys compilations are a must for anyone who likes the rus sound.