Pastor tells story of punching youth in chest for God

- open
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Pastor tells story of punching youth in chest for God

Post by . »

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=Q19qRUBj-ic[/youtube]

Video of an American pastor bragging about leading a “smart aleck” youth to God by “punching him in the chest as hard as I could” is raising eyebrows in Calgary after beginning to circulate widely online.

Some listeners – including American news site Raw Story – have taken the beginning of the pastor’s speech to say: “There was a young man in Calgary” and then going on to tell the violent anecdote. But listen closely. It’s also possible the pastor, identified as Eric Dammann of Bible Baptist Church in Hasbrouck Heights, N.J., is saying: “There was a young man in Calvary.”

“Calvary” is a Christian term referring to the place where Jesus was crucified, and can refer more broadly to “an experience or occasion of extreme suffering, especially mental suffering.” It’s also often attached to the names of Christian churches and organizations.

Dammann, himself, used to preach at Calvary Baptist Church in Warwick, N.Y., giving his farewell sermon on Sept. 29, 2013.

In the video, the pastor boasts about meeting a young person named “Ben,” who was a “nice kid” but a “real smart aleck.”

“He was a bright kid, which didn’t help things — made him more dangerous,” Dammann says in the video.

“We were outside one day at youth group, and he was just trying to push my buttons. He was just kind of not taking the Lord serious [sic],” the pastor goes on to say, as part of an apparent sermon. “So I walked over to him and went – BAM! – punched him in the chest as hard as I could. I crumpled the kid. I just crumpled him.”

“Then I leaned over and said, ‘Ben, when are you going to stop playing games with God?’ I led that man to the Lord right there.”

The video appears to have been posted to Vimeo initially, reportedly by the church itself, but has since been taken down. It was then reposted to YouTube on Dec. 21, 2014.
http://metronews.ca/news/calgary/125776 ... st-for-god
Hi.
Alert
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: Pastor tells story of punching youth in chest for God

Post by Alert »

what a douche

Esimmagiwa
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: Pastor tells story of punching youth in chest for God