pioneer dj kuvo

- open
pure_evil
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: pioneer dj kuvo

Post by pure_evil »

Thats exactly the problem i see in this. If he is his mate and wants to help him, spend 20 mins to actually learn why are his products good, sit down, do a 2 min video and thats it job done. Dont do a 50 sec "drive-by" because you come accross as a c**t. He clearly doesnt know why these cables are better. Whats is he thinking? "Idk why these products are any good but thats fine im richie fing hawtin, ill just show my face talk some BS, metion our mate dubfire and done that should do it."

Thats not how u do it. And this is made to increase brand awareness and build up brand image which is directly linked to sales. I mean if it isnt why bother doing it?

Idk am i being too critical guys? Does this make any sense to you at all? Im just really tired of richie selling me stuff. Seriously. Now that kuvo app. How many times have u heard him say stuff like"this will revolutionise the electronic music scene" or something similar? It's been going on for too long.

Who remembers the PACEMAKER ? Oh how it revoulutionized our scene.

Im not even gonna hate on the Kuvo thing. The ppl its aimed at will probably love it as it offers transperancy and they get their track ids from wherever. The djs will get a few more sales so everyones happy i guess lol. But paying tax for playing someones track is a joke. Youve already payed to onw this track. If they inplement that tracks should be free for djs or something? Idk.

AND NO RICHIE HAWTIN, if you play my track 3 times and then 9 of your fanboys play it before it dies out your 12 euro wont help me spend more time being creative.
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

i agree richie trys to sell a lot of crap as revolutionary :)

but on the other side, yes you take it to seriously, after countless ads like this it should serv you more as an amusement
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

that is called a non payment promo...
:-flower
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

so this topic was completely derailed by some rca promo video - cable discussion.
John Clees wrote:

apanell : you bring up a really good point too, about the tracking as well, which without question has an interesting twist to this all. perhaps this will also help vinyl sales and almost force people who take short cuts with mp3's to now be on blast and be taxed specifically on a global monetary system, which creates several questions. dj's being exposed of non-purchased mp3's. income for mp3 or vinyl sales to double, triple, ect...or another perspective of having mp3 dj's not wanting to be taxed to the 9th degree, go back to vinyl. another good thing that could become of this.
back on track. any other thoughts from anyone?
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

how do you think people will be exposed?!

there is no technology who can expose pirated mp3s ..
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

haven't we had this discussion 2-3 times before... :?:
I thought I posted a link in the last conversation we had..
give me a moment to dig it back up..

here something with a quick search: an entire movement of tracking mp3's dating back to 2012.
http://www.residentadvisor.net/feature.aspx?1757

ppl are making significant amounts of money djing - tracking what they play, and holding people accountable is a long long time coming. djing at a club for beer money vs. a 5,10, 20k paychecks are naturally very different. people should pay who make that kind of money, if your going to short cut vinyl, and play mp3's.

also I read many many years ago, about dj's not using serial coded purchased mp3's. I'm not sure the details, how or if perhaps they submit tracks to the club. Perhaps it was a club requirement out of liability. How it's being done, i'm not personally sure of exact details, but that is not to say it isn't being done, looked into, and implemented in some places already...
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

no we havent discussed this, at least not to my recolaction.

i dont get what your first article has to do with exposing djs who pirate mp3s.

not the artist is charged with royalties, its the business which makes money through playing music to large crowds. obviously this is the club.
so how the club plays this music doesnt matter at all. nobody cares if they hire a dj, install a computer, or whatever.
the only fact that is important is: rights protected music is played to large crowds.

GEMA also doesnt care how many tracks you play, they charge the clubs based on guests in the club.
and invent ridiculous fees like: if the music is played from a laptop you pay 20% more.

but this is in no way cause they want to save vinyl or think that people stole the mp3s.
its just a random fee to make more money, of course they know most djs will not play vinyl, hence they will make more money.

another rule is: if the party lasts longer than 5 hours you pay more. again they know every party lasts longer ..

also no club has a problem with royalties if they are reasonable. which they were not back in 2012 when they discussed the new reform.

the real problem is in distributing the money GEMA makes, to the artists.
right now GEMA just gives the money to mainstream artists who make already lots of money.
You can see how this pisses off promoters and smaller producers/labels: thanks to the GEMA-Vermutung, GEMA assumes that everything played at a music event is subject to licensing fees, but then it uses its own nebulous algorithm to decide who those fees are paid to. For underground music venues that mainly feature non-mainstream and independent artists—like many dance music clubs—this means that a portion of the fees collected for these events will likely find their way into the bank accounts of mainstream artists and advertising jingle writers, whose music was never played during the event, while some artists will never see a single cent for their music, however popular it may be.
so thats what KUVO can solve, it makes it possible for club owners to prove which tracks were played and then these artists can get their royalties.

also GEMA doesnt make money on sales, they make money on playing rights.
if an artists sells millions of mp3s, GEMA doesnt make a cent.
there is not even an incentive for them to install a system against DJ piracy.
music piracy is just not even an issue anymore. today everything is on youtube or itunes easy to get for everyone.

i know some djs download some tracks illegaly but thats like a little drop in an ocean.
they cared when people stopped buying CDs and started to download music illegaly cause there was no legal option.
but thats all over now.
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

maybe i am interpreting some things wrong you say

its not the DJs fault that producers dont make enough money to make a living. you seem to believe producers cant make it cause all the DJs download their music illegally.
and now you hope their will be a magic system that exposes these DJs.
in house and techno they cater to an insanely small crowd and compete with thousands of other producers. even if they could collect royalties i doubt that would change anything.

yeah back in the day producers could make decent money from their productions, but not illegal download is the problem why they cant anymore.
the problem is every kid can make music at home now. every producer is in competition with a lot more people than back in the days.