Raresh for fabric 78 ??

- open
damnwords
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Raresh for fabric 78 ??

Post by damnwords »

I still like Ricardo Villalobos ‎– Fabric 36 & Shackleton - Fabric 55.
While Petre Inspirescu ‎– Fabric 68 is kind of new, it still gets the same play frequency as the above 2.

I guess it's just because they are sounding unique in their own way.
Same with Levon Vincent's - using just tracks from his friends.
Also, I am going back to John Digweed's Fabric 23 more than Zip's 67..
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

hm had a quick look

most of the tracks on the digweed mix are released

from the ricardo mix the big ones got famous and were released, the rest are just filler tracks.
though ricardos mix is not so much a DJ mix
his own words
"It is all my productions and it's a form of introducing an album as a mix."

pedro also showed his own work.
i dont mind the producers who show their work, probably as a promotion for an upcoming album, at least you know he invested hours, days, month, years to produce these tracks.

i mind the DJs who play nothing they actually bought somewhere ..

whats the mindset behind that, on rhadoos mix 15/17 tracks are unreleased - so whats the message? these tracks are good enough for a fabric mix, but not good enough to be released? not even digital?

i hope dettmann releases some of that stuff he played on his own label, if not its a shame.
ste-waite
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by ste-waite »

This is on the Fabric CD

http://boomkat.com/vinyl/975266-sneaky- ... obos-remix
blizt
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by blizt »

They completed the trio quite fast. Didnt expected the rhadoo tbh. Why no music guys? More albums less mixes :lol:
yespapi
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by yespapi »

http://www.fabriclondon.com/store/fabric-78.html
Almost no unreleased tracks and only recent releases. Pretty decent selection.
pure_evil
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by pure_evil »

Themis wrote:
pedro also showed his own work.
i dont mind the producers who show their work, probably as a promotion for an upcoming album, at least you know he invested hours, days, month, years to produce these tracks.

i mind the DJs who play nothing they actually bought somewhere ..

whats the mindset behind that, on rhadoos mix 15/17 tracks are unreleased - so whats the message? these tracks are good enough for a fabric mix, but not good enough to be released? not even digital?
Well rhadoo's done the same thing as pedro (in a way). Obviously your own productions represent you in the best way possible as an artist, but so do the productions of your circle of friends. The people around us are an excellent reflection of who we are as we often share the same or very similar influences/background/view on things. So making a mix of your own tracks and mixing tracks thrown at you by your close friends is kinda similar, it could represent the same thing just in a different way.

And why should they necessarily be released ? So someone puts a "£7.99" sticker on it and me and you get to OWN it and put it in our collections, maybe play it for our friends now and again. Its just going to be another record. It makes little difference how good it is, we got it anyway, the same way we got 100s of decent records and 100s of excellent records.

Of course they give us releases to keep us happy but they have to keep us thirsty at the same time. The way i see it, the big thing about these guys is hearing quality rare music. I mean thats what you pay for isn't it ? To hear a few things you've never heard before ? Why pay to hear someone play stuff you've heard before or you will hear again next weekend or even play it at home? And whats more rare than something which has not even been released ? For me personally it makes it more exciting (not necessarily good tho).

Hope this makes sense :?:

Raresh tracklist looks sweet so I'm looking forward to it, but not as much as the launch party. Roll on October :D
panda
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by panda »

(*)
blizt
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by blizt »

pure_evil wrote:Of course they give us releases to keep us happy but they have to keep us thirsty at the same time. The way i see it, the big thing about these guys is hearing quality rare music. I mean thats what you pay for isn't it ? To hear a few things you've never heard before ? Why pay to hear someone play stuff you've heard before or you will hear again next weekend or even play it at home? And whats more rare than something which has not even been released ? For me personally it makes it more exciting (not necessarily good tho).
You make it sound like there is actually thousands of people buying the arpiar releases, where in fact it's just (me included) a small bunch of electronic music nerds. I'm pretty sure Jamie Jones and his hot natured whatever labels triple (at least) the sales figures from the arpiar releases. Really, the world is not collapsing if the guys put out more music. How many people in the club spend the day after searching for the music they heard last night? How many people go to the club to hear again that mental track that is still not released? 5%? I'm being generous...