Onur Ozer refused Visa?

- open
Cossa
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Onur Ozer refused Visa?

Post by Cossa »

Can anyone elaborate at all about why Onur Ozer always gets denied a visa for England? Its happened at least 5 times in the last 3 years that I have been aware of, I'm sure it has happened more.....He just recently got turned down today for Art of Dark. A couple weeks earlier he was turned down for Home. Really frustrating as he was definitely the best DJ on each lineup in my eyes.
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Re: Onur Ozer refused Visa?

Post by John Clees »

I spoke to a client today,who specifically mention England... And mentioned his ex wife of his was married to someone in England, and even though they were married there still was citizenship issues. he was saying that they make you or require you to come back every 6 months if you're a citizen in England... So lots of new restrictions loop holes and challenges even for married people to come and go there..
whisper12
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by whisper12 »

Yer except, Onur isn't applying for citizenship, but a working visa that won't last longer than a day. Weird every other artist has no problem, Romanians etc in getting one and being accepted but Onur always seems to be denied on a regular basis.
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

Good point. unfortunate for sure. my point was that you're not "applying" for citizenship you "are" a citizen through marriage and yet it was still a struggle.

perhaps he has strikes against him in his past. (unpaid taxes, traveling w/o work visa, ect..) and perhaps a certain amount of time needs to pass..
whisper12
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by whisper12 »

Yer - he must have screwed up somewhere along the way for customs to be such a nightmare with him. Just such a shame really.
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

really tough break for the promoters to invest the money ahead of time and travel arrangements...only to find out after the fact.
whisper12
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by whisper12 »

Yer very true, its happened twice to the same promoters in a month! You try and go? You based in London?
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

no detroit based. no plans to travel there anytime soon.

seems to me there would be more proactive approach and that its not someones discretion..or perhaps he's on the no fly list and he's not able to until further notice, tried to anyway, and it was just a chance that he got caught. I can only imagine something like that is pretty serious, and continually trying to go where you're not able is going to make a bad situation worse..

I cant imagine a promoter booking him and this not coming up ahead of time. that would be a complete waste of time, money, and resources. I'm sure it is in his ryder he's getting paid regardless, which takes me back to the original thought... normally he cant travel but there's a chance that someone will let him through if they try [?]

Do promoters want him to play that bad they'd risk it to chance? that just doesn't seem like logical approach. if it's your profession to travel, you make a few phone calls, draft letters, hire someone to figure it out, and do what it takes to find out.

You pay us up front, agency makes a cut, the artist get a minimum, and we"ll keep are fingers crossed for you...haha

sure let's go with it..