Jazz

- open
cbld
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Jazz

Post by cbld »

Curious if any of you listen to jazz? I have recently been into black jazz radio and strata east stuff. That more avant grade stuff.
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Re: Jazz

Post by John Clees »

90.9 here in Detroit plays pretty decent jazz from midnight until about 4 in the morning. (eastern standard time). You can listen/stream it from their website, too.
I'm not sure if it streams internationally but I wouldn't I think there would be any restrictions.

privately owned I believe and plays classical during the day and jazz at night. Perhaps some can listen to it enjoy.

http://streema.com/radios/WRCJ_FM
sipage
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: Jazz

Post by sipage »

Yeah, I've been getting more and more into jazz in a big way the past few years as I've grown mroe confident in my appreciation of certain styles and artists. I buy all my Jazz on CD albums and I'm not into bop / hard bop or anything too swinging. I've basically discovered that I LOVE ballads and small ensemble bands. Miles Davis was my gateway with "Kind of Blue" the Jazz album that everyone likes, even people who don't like jazz supposedly. Recently I've bought "Midnight Blue " by Kenny Burrell which is fab and have also bought "Ballads" by John Coltrane Quartet plu have discovered some decent piano lead Jazz from Bill Evans Trio on his album "moonbeam." I seem to gravitate towards the 50's cool era as well as 60's stuff as it seems more authentic for the sound Im looking for which is that late night contemplative / melancholy trip. I can recommend a recent band called Boren Und De Club Of Gore, especially their amazing album "Sunset" which is basically very Lynchian and would be the perfect sound track to a private investigator roaming cold windy city streets late at night, very slow, very deep. Also I love Chet Baker and have bought "Chet" which is a collection of tracks with him just playing his trumpet and not singing. It's a perfect collection if the above style is what you are looking for. If you go to www.allmusic.com or amazon.com you can check out sound clips in their mp3 section.