Zip/event tips sonar 2014

- open
pastapiu
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Zip/event tips sonar 2014

Post by pastapiu »

As I'm currently checking out the events to go to during Sonar, does anyone know if Zip will be playing somewhere this year?

Other event tips or info about crazy afters etc. are more than welcome as well. Looking forward to this one I must say!!

Cheers,
Erik
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Re: Zip/event tips sonar 2014

Post by John Clees »

Moving to general section : may get more views and a better chance to find your answer there..
Field
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Field »

pastapiu wrote: tips or info
I've been to Barcelona during Sonar twice now. The city is amazing; laidback atmosphere, friendly people & great food.
Plus there is a beach,… almost everything in life gets at least 10% better when you add sun + beach.. (;

Regarding Sonar. Never been to the sonar events itself, so can’t comment on that. The off-sonar parties though,.. whole different story. Some parties are next level awesome, but there are also a couple money sharks out there advertising with huge names and subsequently giving you badly tuned soundsystems and long que’s combined with Ibiza-style drink prices. Since you are used to the ‘Amsterdam standard’; just lower your expectations and bring your creditcard and it will all work out fine (:

Also, there are a couple record stores you should check while you’re there. I’m not spoiling al the magic here, but check your ‘show items in marketplace’, filter on euro and search for the Barcelona based ones..

Subwax should be one of them
(:
rickwud
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by rickwud »

Interested in peoples arrangements/plans for this too...

I've been Sonar previously and loved the vibe but unfortunately never had the chance to see my preferred DJ's. I've also heard about these sharks and was a victim of one on my previous visit. The problem is if a promoter is going to book Zip and install a sh!t system but the alternative is a Hot Creations beach party then watcha gonna do? Maybe I should buy some new trunks?

I've got my ear to the ground for possible parties anyway so will keep you posted as to any events I think maybe of interest.

All the best.
grace anxiety
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by grace anxiety »

I spoke to Zip at CDV last September about his sonar gig.

I won't go into but he said he won't play again this year

The event he played at last year was terrible ..crammed full if people and the sound system was sh!t
rickwud
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by rickwud »

I was afraid you'd say that :(

Here's hoping there might be a few little parties with some more underground names like Lutz or Del Garda. With the latter not residing too far from Spain it would make sense.
rickwud
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by rickwud »

Not really found anything worthwhile going to personally, anyone had any luck? Not long now.
pastapiu
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by pastapiu »

Wow just see all the responses now, thanks for this. Have found out some nice stuff for which I will get back here tomorrow!

Cheers