- open
souat
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: Jerome Sydenham - X-Ova - wtf!!

Post by souat »

junger wrote: I doubt he did.
+ 1

the groove can be from a machine.. and he didn't realize its already relesed on another track.
blizt
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by blizt »

Some folks here at being a bit delusional :?
Dardis
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Dardis »

souat wrote:
junger wrote: I doubt he did.
+ 1

the groove can be from a machine.. and he didn't realize its already relesed on another track.
http://www.ibadanrecords.com/Releases/irc123

It's taken from Rob's track
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

as mentioned : from the label itself..
'X-Ova' brings back together the team of Ibadan Records artist Aschka and Jerome Sydenham. The track is built around a sample of the classic 'Minus' by Robert Hood. No time is wasted infusing the rhythmic spirits of Detroit with groovy electronica overtone resulting in a spirited Deep-Techno-House experience. Fresh for 2014
shocked that a producer with the status of Jerome Sydenham would do that. Was that in fact his track...?
they list several artist for the release....you don't just accidentally do that..
that was done with intent... that's no bueno....
sheet1
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by sheet1 »

he does pump out lots of tracks, and quality ones at that but this is pretty blatant and that sound can almost immediately be identified....dont think the sydenham meant anything insulting though
mson
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by mson »

at least i discovered more robert hood things with this thread. Hypnotic one and kind of creepy with this medical sound but it touch'd me. i dunno if i should make some flying plates with few sydenham's records i have :)
Dal-Tech
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Dal-Tech »

I would say since Rob Hood's music is so simple to the point of sheer boredom and it sounds like any Roland he shouldn't be complaining.
Dal-Tech wrote: Everyone else is trying to be cool, not me.
hey everybody : I'm a douche !
mson
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by mson »

not sure if your message is ironic or not.
First time i listen to "internal music" (so few days ago with this thread) i was like okay it's just a blip at the begining. But when you listen to it carefully, it's so fluid and this blip is morphing into an other sound. Simple but so nice and it does not sound cheap at all especially from 1994. And i am not used to listen so much this kind of techno, i am more into deep techno (not generic beatport sh!t but innovative techno like prologue label so with a lot of textures). you should dig phasing work from reich or watch monochrom stuff (cannot remember the name :/).