Hard To Find Records : Has Digital Downloads Now..

- open
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Hard To Find Records : Has Digital Downloads Now..

Post by John Clees »

http://www.htfrd.com/

I just got their email spam blast..
I once heard years ago, when the vinyl was out of print, they would actually press and sell their own records.. has anyone else heard that.... :?:
I'm not sure if there is any truth to that.....but now they have gone digital...claim cheaper pricing...

:-flower
breton
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Hard To Find Records : Has Digital Downloads Now..

Post by breton »

They should change the name to easytodownloadfiles.com
blizt
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by blizt »

But does that mean they have digital versions of rare to find stuff or is just another online music store? All their stuff seems more expensive than bp, dont get it.
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

i doubt they have "hard to find records"
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

I just remember being on a waiting list for 2 , 3 sometimes 4 years later. I would get an email saying a record was finally in. This was long before the discog days. Back then this was the only chances to even "try" to get a specific record. God the days of being on want list at shops and using sites like this. Thats exactly why im more than happy to pay $20-30 a record on discogs..

I think it took so long to get records in there by the time I was able to buy the record, my tastes had changed.. and I wasnt sure why i choose that record in the first place.
soapz
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by soapz »

I remember going to this record shop a couple of times. The shop itself is actually quite hard to find!

It was actually one of the only record shops in central England which allowed me to listen to as many records as I wanted and there were always much more turntables than people, which was great. Every other shop I went to would have a '10-records per person max' with two or three places to listen and around 30 people in the shop at any one time. Plus you would have to hand the sleeves to the guys who would then have to find the record and would be annoyed when you didn't like any of the 10 you had been listening to. In hard to find everything was there to grab yourself and you could stay in there hours if you wanted.
ray parry
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ray parry »

i heard they used to bootleg records which is why they managed to get hold of hard to find records.