underrated / overrated

- open
MlclmDXXX
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: underrated / overrated

Post by MlclmDXXX »

I would call that selling out, personally, which I believe Jamie Jones has to some degree. I also don't think he was ever the kind of dude not to. He's never seemed to me to be doing music for anything other than wanting to have/give a good time. I get the impression that the artists this forum largely respects are trying to make a serious artistic point with their music.

I wouldn't normally get bogged down in nomenclature like this, but it's fairly important. Overrated is just an incorrect term.
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

some artist have different goals. as I was just reading about how "calvin harris" who I honestly never heard of before made apx 60 million, and a few years before he was packing groceries... steve aoki made 30 million, sometimes doing 3 gigs a day. each artist becomes a machine for the system - just as any old school commercial artist has done for years in the major's.
MlclmDXXX wrote: he was ever the kind of dude not to.
:!:
MlclmDXXX
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by MlclmDXXX »

Don't know what your last jumbling of symbols means, but I hope it wasn't something rude.
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

Not at all man. Just meaning that it's a good point and different perspective. consider it an excess use of an "!" after quoting something you agree with. I also try to use symbols or "illegal characters" as often as possible...

:)
MlclmDXXX
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by MlclmDXXX »

Ah, understood!