Discogs digital download service closing down

- open
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Discogs digital download service closing down

Post by Themis »

We felt we needed to make this change, as we want to simplify both the site layout and our code, and allow us all to focus on the core of Discogs - the database and the associated marketplace.

This service was done in partnership with Juno Download - their whole catalog was available on Discogs. If you want to continue your digital purchases, we recommend you go to their site at Juno Download.

We'd like to thank everyone who supported this service while it was running, and we're sorry if this change causes you any inconvenience.

Please let us know if you have any questions or comments.

Thanks!

Update 22-Nov: Some of our release pages contain audio clips within the tracklistings. These will also be removed as they are a part of the download service. Embedded YouTube clips will remain as is.
Source: http://www.discogs.com/blog/discogs-dig ... osing-down

i guess nobody who has a clue, bought the digital tracks over discogs cause they added i believe 20-30 cents for the sevice.

but it was quite nice nevertheless

1. you could see instantly if there was a digital release

2. you didnt have to search for samples
b-ran
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Discogs digital download service closing down

Post by b-ran »

yeah i never bought anything digital from discogs cause they jacked the prices up a bit.. although i only bought 3-4 tracks from juno download..won't change much really as I usually use discogs to look for records and not digital downloads (*)
LSTL
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: Discogs digital download service closing down

Post by LSTL »

Themis wrote:
but it was quite nice nevertheless

1. you could see instantly if there was a digital release

2. you didnt have to search for samples
Although there are lot of releases digital but not on junodownload, still this was a good option