documentary on a dj tour

- open
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Re: documentary on a dj tour

Post by John Clees »

I only work 37 hrs a week w/insurance, work afternoons, sleep in daily, have over 30 days paid vacation a year but
most importantly make a difference in someone life.. I feel completely blessed..

I'd never want to trade my life. I couldn't have personally designed a better job to fit my personal/individual
balance for me as a person. sometimes with any card you have, holding on the positive things helps gets you
through the cloudy days.. it's difficult to have a clear perspective getting caught up in day to day things..

I just think the video completely demonstrates just how really hard, and difficult life can
be as a "dj" on the road...much much respect for those that take the leap...
not everything is just fun and games..
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

cloutier wrote:but some major pitfalls.
but perhaps you could enlighten our readers with, "situations " you've found yourself in over the years...
that perhaps you could share... details aren't important - names or places... but more looking
trials and tribulations you've had to encounter and over come.. to give more details..
as to what perhaps what the video may have left out..

this goes for anyone that has choose to dj as a full time income. I'm sure there are 100's of buried stories worth
sharing to give more perspective as to what you really have deal with..
cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cloutier »

in recent memory the worst travel situation i had was a 14hr layover in china where i almost had to sleep in the airport. later arranged to be put in a hotel by the airline after much bitching, then had to spend about two hours in customs explaining to the chinese border agents that i'm not really a spy there to dig up information in my layover.
doctor, doctor, this city's sick
a tired, tired heart, such shakey lips

http://soundcloud.com/cloutier
ray parry
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ray parry »

cloutier wrote:in recent memory the worst travel situation i had was a 14hr layover in china where i almost had to sleep in the airport. later arranged to be put in a hotel by the airline after much bitching, then had to spend about two hours in customs explaining to the chinese border agents that i'm not really a spy there to dig up information in my layover.
oh god that sucks. i have never had had anything like that.

typically for me the worst would just be being off my head in an airport combined with having not slept and having no phone (battery worn out) to set my alarm so I could have a nap.
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

ray parry wrote:
cloutier wrote: being off my head in an airport .
haha @ off my head.. when I was leaving moscow I initially wanted to give up the fee just not to have get on the 14 hr flight back home at that moment. not to mention on the flight back there was a guy with horrific b.o. in front of me, a baby crying, I felt like I was going to throw up, took my shoes off in an attempt to relax, and the flight attendant ran over my toes, and didn't even bother to look back and apologize.. I never thought I was going to make it.
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

any other promises of payment, promoter / events / lodging / sh!t stories... ?

I remember dropping lee off at the airport with no money or even a cell phone, and he had like $3 in his pocket.. he told me he had ask someone at the airport to call the promoter in germany... shortly after that I got a 2nd line with my cell phone company just so he could function for a few years.

its certainly hard life, grind and struggle.. perhaps a book should be written with real testimonials..