Most interesting / original venue you've been to in London?

- open
sipage
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Most interesting / original venue you've been to in London?

Post by sipage »

What's the most interesting or original venue you've been to for a party in London? I'm talking spaces that aren't usually used for parties or little out of the way / hidden spots that you had a really great time at or blew you away?
Niles
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: Most interesting / original venue you've been to in Lond

Post by Niles »

I'm from Belgium so don't know much about London. I have visited London quite a number of times though. I usually went to the obvious places (The Egg, The End, Fabric, Matter), and I had a great time at every single one of them.

My favorite venue was probably Turnmills, which I only visited once, on the very closing weekend (with Frankie Knuckles, Danny Rampling .. playing).

As for locations that aren't usually used for parties: a few years ago I bought tickets for a party with Derrick Carter which eventually took place in an abandoned car park. The location was sent to the ticket holders a few hours before the party, I heard this happens regularly in London?
sipage
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by sipage »

I know that over the past few years I’ve heard of parties being held in multi-story car parks around East London but haven’t been to any.

Has any been to any parties held at underground tube stations in London? I’ve looked online to see if there were any but cannot find details, however, I’ve met a few people that have told me they’ve been to one, not sure if they were talking crap though.
simonlb
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by simonlb »

I went to a gig in Frank's a while ago, that multistorey car park in Peckham, it was an interesting one. The main bar on the top level (open in the summer) is free for anyone to go for a drink but the storey below that was being used for a gig with Raime and some others.

Otherwise I've been to a few warehouse spaces around East London but nothing mindblowingly unique to be honest, nothing I'd be telling everyone about for weeks... then again I'm not really in the know when it comes to squats, illegal warehouse parties, etc.