Vinyl Trolley

- open
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Re: Vinyl Trolley

Post by John Clees »

will do..

the magma bags I see aren't the same, are not as big... and cost more..
here's one for $249 and it's just a back back type trolly w/ wheels..

http://www.pssl.com/!B0dJm3!MZAjKPP-1!- ... Mgod2xYAQQ
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

it appears most of these are trying to be all in one which makes it confusing to see what is the best purchase for your money..I just recently picked up a Namba Studio Backpack for my computer and midi specifically for $145, with this purchase only for records. they each have their own purpose..

it seems a lot of these models combine the two (computer and "some" records), but only serve one purpose only doing a computer and midi or perhaps some records, but not both in their entirety... and are charging twice as much..
SanderMartin
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by SanderMartin »

cloutier wrote: honestly, i don't mean to sound like a dck here, but...you get what you pay for. if you want to buy a 100$ record bag, you're going to probably replace it within a year, if not earlier, depending on usage. there's a reason that udg's, magma's, and rimowa's cost what they do - durability and reliability.
Ah missed this interesting thread. Saw this quote and can see the reasoning behind it but i'm still wondering why most of the travelling vinyl DJ's use UDG bags. Since they're easy to replace after x years like Eric says or because they're actually quite durable for their value?

I recently bought the UDG trolley + slingbag set in used condition for €65 on probably the same Dutch site as Roy Koch did. I don't really travel with them but this is my impression. I definitely like the trolley more than the slingback. Because the former has wheels etc. it is more stable, holds more records and it's easier to go trough when it's jam packed with records. Like UDG claims i can actually fit about 60 records in the slingbagtrolley and and about 45 in the regular slingbag.

The slingbag is not as high as the trolley, which could be a plus for airlines with a strict bagage policy. How do you guys travel by plane with your vinyl bags?