a bad joke - vinyl "played" with iphone

- open
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Re: a bad joke - vinyl "played" with iphone

Post by Themis »

aut.tn, i think you didnt understand what they do.

no its not a real vinyl, cause then this would make no sense at all, if they would send a real vinyl to the labels they would not have ot add a download code.

its just something that maybe looks and feels like a vinyl, maybe its even the same material. but you cant play it with a turntable cause there is nothing on it.

the whole point of this project is to get something that looks like a vinyl to the labels, but you dont have to actually pay for mastering, cutting and what not. instead they add a download code.

you could say its a nice packaging for your WAV.

but im with you, its noting to rage against. its just a waste of resources. and if i would work at a label and get such a vinyl but cant play it on my turntable i would be mad :D
damnwords
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by damnwords »

aut.t.n
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by aut.t.n »

Themis, with all respect I think you are wrong. No time for an argument currently, if you think it is worth it I can write something tonight :)
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

in what regards do you think im wrong?
whatever
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by whatever »

from what i understand from the video it doesn't even matter if it's a real pressed vinyl or not. you can scan the qr code and then u can place the phone on your forehead if you want to and the app would play the digital version of what is supposed to be recorded on the vinyl. it's unbelievable foolish... it's an offence to what vinyl means... as a vinyl lover i feel offended and disturbed by this.

it's the same like when david guetta comes and plays a pre-recorded set from a cd and he pretends he's mixing...
aut.t.n
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by aut.t.n »

Themis, imo you are wrong on two accounts: Pretty sure it's a real vinyl as you can spot the grooves in several scenes of the vid - anyway, like whatever said this is somehow irrelevant as the app would presumably work on your forehead, your loo seat or anything as long as you do whatever is necessary to trigger it. The point of the video is pretending to play a vinyl without a turntable and not pretending to play a vinyl without a (real) vinyl. They clearly say it: "How to play it?" - with regard to an office situation where presumably no 1210 is standing besides each workplace.
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

so let me think this through

the video says, record labels dont want to get CDs. So Kontor makes a Vinyl for you BUT of course the label cant play it cause they love Vinyl but dont have turntables in the office.

so the product kontor supplys is for record labels who dont have turntables but still want to play somehow a record !

that makes absolutly no fucking sense sorry.#

except on the vinyl is empty (grooves dont indicate that there is a track on it, just that something cut a groove into the vinyl), then it would be a nice/funny packaging for your digital track.
surely temple
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by surely temple »

aut.t.n wrote:Are we at a point where we need to constitute who deserves pressing tracks on vinyl and who is just not underground enough to do so?
hell yeah
one man's peaktime is another man's afterhours