What's the problem with deejay.de?

- open
Papa Bear
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

What's the problem with deejay.de?

Post by Papa Bear »

Can someone explain to me what exactly is happening with deejay.de? I can't find any of the older samples. Lots of artists and labels just disappeared overnight. WTF??? First nuloop shuts down, now this. I'm pissed off and wanna kick someone's ass right now.
Papa Bear
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: What's the problem with deejay.de?

Post by Papa Bear »

Just to give you an example, type in "Grant Dell" into the searcher. Only three releases come up. THREE fucking releases!!! There used to be lots until a few days ago. WTF?
jespermygind
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by jespermygind »

Or better; type in "Grant Dell" at discogs.com and you will find a id from Zip that is currently being asked on this forum!
Papa Bear
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Papa Bear »

jespermygind wrote:Or better; type in "Grant Dell" at discogs.com and you will find a id from Zip that is currently being asked on this forum!
My favourite website has deleted most of their samples and you're telling me about Zip? Sorry, but whatever Zip is playing is the least of my concerns right now.
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

hm i wrote them an email, soon we will know.

its sad, its like the only way to listen to samples in a reasonable easy way. when all shops start doing this we are fucked.
breton
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by breton »

But why keep the samples when the records are no longer available/will never become available again in the future?
Papa Bear
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Papa Bear »

Themis wrote:hm i wrote them an email, soon we will know.

its sad, its like the only way to listen to samples in a reasonable easy way. when all shops start doing this we are fucked.
The thing about deejay.de is that it has (or rather used to have now) samples for lots of pretty rare old releases that you wouldn't be able to find anywhere else. Plus, the awesome system where you can pitch the tracks' speeds up and down, which is extremely useful. For example there are lots of old techno tracks which sound like sh!t cos they are too fast, but you pitch them all the way down to -8 and it's a totally different story.
Papa Bear
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Papa Bear »

breton wrote:But why keep the samples when the records are no longer available/will never become available again in the future?
My question is why not? Their presence isn't hurting anyone. Quite on the contrary.