what the fck is happening in london

- open
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Re: what the fck is happening in london

Post by John Clees »

ctadamian wrote:I don't think anybody died. This is all over facebook, saw nothing about such thing.
or it could have been blocked you never know..hopefully not, perhaps it was just warning shots...
either way another example of governments losing control and attempting to implement fear to the public..
ctadamian
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ctadamian »

John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

Im sure I could guess they may have more.... or the 100's that have been brutally beaten..

it's scary to think... but also powerful to see all those people at the same time..

we : the : people..
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

https://www.facebook.com/tolga.fdn.3/po ... 5339256004
Tolga Fdn
dear foreigner friends,
you've probably noticed that i ve been posting stuff constantly for the last few days. whether you understand some of it or not, i do not know. first of all i d like to apologize for trashing your newsfeed! you may unsubscribe or delete me i do understand.
what has been going on in turkey is an anti-government protest about an islamist all powered politic party that is trying and has been imposing its own laws on us for over a decade regardless of our opinion just because they have a majority at the parliment. they are trying to force their conservative views of us...basically you either live like them or else. on the other hand althought turkeys economic growth has been spectacular, like any capitalist system this has enriched a small portion of their crowd and has left others in poor economic / social condition. another proof like china that capitalism doesnt need democracy to exist.
now if we come back to the point where i was trashing your newsfeed. luckily its the first time i ve found social media to be useful for me, dangerous at times with misinformation but generally good to gather up intel etc for friends there and the ones abroad. it is right now our only means of communication since most media in turkey is controlled or openly threatened by the prime minister. there s basically only 2 channels broadcasting the uprising and their live feed has been hacked a few times.

now.... this is a call to the people that might consider me as a colleague. i know some of you care and some of you dont. but if a small portion of you could once a day stop self centered marketing post about where you play and what you ve released and spread some of the news that would be immensily helpful. some of you have 10000 fans and beyond. clicking that tiny share button on some of the english things im posting or if you happen to read for instance cnn or bcc news sharing their links it would be highly appreciated.
i am flying tomorrow to istanbul to stand by my friends in a fight which is probably the biggest struggle i have witnessed in 30 yrs of existence, france and turkey included since im from both of these countries. and i grew up under a military dictatorship in the 80s, so that will give you an idea of the situation.
so if you could share as much stuff has you can from your fanpages and tell your fans to do the same i / we would be grateful forever.
dont forget house/techno/rap/blues/rock etc. started because sexual and racial minorities were struggling...they were gatherings which became the voice of young people to be heard by the corrupt people that governed us.
people in istanbul are fighting for this now and we're not ready to give up.

p.s. i have decided not to tag any of you so you can make up your own mind...so for the ones who do sympathize pass this on.

THANK YOU.

tolga.