I fucking hate hipsters

- open
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Re: I fcking hate hipsters

Post by Themis »

i worded that maybe a little to dramatic.
haha ok so everyone uses their dj headphones, its only me who got a extra pair for listening to music, and maybe im an enthusiast if it comes to speakers or headphones.

i guess they are way better than standard iphone in ear plugs or something like that.

but if you need them every day for listening music you should invest the money sometime.
the hd 25 are not even comfortable, my ears hurt after one hour.

and people who only buy it for listening and not DJing - thats just wrong.

@ray: you must admit they are far away from neutral sounding, the bass is way over emphasised.
Papa Bear
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Papa Bear »

thomasjaldemark wrote:why are you offended by that? why care at all?
Offended is a strong word. I'm rarely offended by anything, just annoyed. Am i not allowed to be annoyed?
Papa Bear
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Papa Bear »

ray parry wrote:
the funny thing is, hd25 sound like sh!t, whenever i see someone with them listening to music, i know he dont know sh!t about sound quality
Or he could actually just be a DJ that cant be bothered to buy another pair of headphones ;)
Then my assumption was correct. I'm surrounded by DJ's.
Papa Bear
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Papa Bear »

Themis wrote:the funny thing is, hd25 sound like sh!t, whenever i see someone with them listening to music, i know he dont know sh!t about sound quality

why you would use DJ headphones to listen to music is beyond me, for sennheiser, sound quality on a DJ Headphone is priority number 57 or something like that.
Well, i wouldn't say they sound like sh!t, but they do overemphasize the bass because, well, they are professional DJ headphones. So every time i see all these narcissistic punks sporting a pair of Sennies i know the only reason they are wearing those in public is because they see pro DJ's use them in clubs all the time, so they just wanna show everyone how fucking cool and progressive they are. Everyone is wearing Beats? fck this mainstream sh!t, we'll wear Sennheisers. When everyone starts sporting Sennies, they'll start using Grados, etc. What really peeves me off though is when i see them bring those to the gym. Trust me, nothing looks more ridiculous and completely out of place than a pair of HD25's in a gym environment. I also noticed that pretty much everyone who wears those to the gym always do all their exercises with an extremely bad form. I might conduct a research to find out the exact relationship between these two activities.
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

damn man where do you live, sounds like hipsters invaded that place ;)
breton
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by breton »

Tbh, anyone who wears (big) on-ear headphones outside is a douche in my opinion. It's up there with people wearing Crocs, Vibram FiveFingers, sunglasses indoors/at night.
Papa Bear
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Papa Bear »

roland wrote:damn man where do you live, sounds like hipsters invaded that place ;)
Dude, trust me, pretty much every town in the UK is full of either chavs or hipsters.
Papa Bear
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Papa Bear »

breton wrote:Tbh, anyone who wears (big) on-ear headphones outside is a douche in my opinion. It's up there with people wearing Crocs, Vibram FiveFingers, sunglasses indoors/at night.
This! So much this!

And yeah, the Fivefingers. That's another thing that pisses me off. Every time i'm in a gym and some asscunt is wearing those i feel like "accidentally" dropping a 20 kg plate on their feet.

Also, the shirts buttoned up to the top that everyone is wearing these days. It's just as douchey as popped collars imo. I remember when just a few people were doing it, that was pretty awesome. But when everybody starts doing it ... guys, please, douse yourselves in petrol and set yourselves on fire. I'll pay for the petrol.