Producers from romania still steal ... ???

- open
blizt
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Producers from romania still steal ... ???

Post by blizt »

Some of these are just straight rip off, others I dont think it's that bad. In most of the cases these producers steal the groove and apply to their lifeless tracks. For example take the dan andrei untitled 6 track, remove the spaced out weird atmosphere from the omar s tune, what do you have? Nothing, just drums. It's the sample that gives the tune a new dimension. I have nothing against doing that as a private edit or rework, but putting your name on that... Now I understand the Pedro comment from that interview :lol:
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

very amusing :lol:
ctadamian
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ctadamian »

That pattern 7 rip really pissed me off. I'm on a personal hunt :D.
Harry
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Harry »

I can see that some of these are straight rip offs, but i also think some of them come from people using the same loop / sample packs.
Papa Bear
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Papa Bear »

ctadamian wrote:That pattern 7 rip really pissed me off. I'm on a personal hunt :D.
Funny thing is i actually like that Rost track, even though i do see that he basically just stole Roman's idea.
brooklyn1
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by brooklyn1 »

No one ever calls out people for their Hip Hop samples, strange to see the perloc one on there.

I guess the nostalgia allows people to forgive/forget. I mean no one calls Claptone/Daniel Dexter thieves and they do it a lot.
Save the planet, Kill Yourself.
breton
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by breton »

brooklyn1 wrote:No one ever calls out people for their Hip Hop samples
If Kanye 'sampled' a Dilla beat and built a song around it without permission he'd be fvcking ostracized... and sued by Ma Dukes for a hefty amount of money...

Also, try googling "stole my beat".
blizt
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by blizt »

But what I really really really cannot understand is how in the world it makes any sense to sample electronic music to make electronic music? It's just plain stupid to me. I see sampling as away of diving into other genres of music to lift things here and there and create a whole new piece of music. No one is going to get mad at you for sampling the good old funky guitar riff or strings from a vintage vinyl, it's even the way to do it to get a convincing sound, but this... Just like the morons who sample the Maurizio stuff to make a dub techno track, come on... :lol: