Producers from romania still steal ... ???

- open
IBL
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: Producers from romania still steal ... ???

Post by IBL »

It is not news, a lot of producers make an edits and then release under their name.
IBL
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by IBL »

getbusyinsane wrote:
R40UL wrote:Funk E - Stereotrip
yeah yeah ...stereo rip :roll:

Perhaps that it's also not original track..

But, funk-e's re-edit sounds better anyway )
R40UL
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by R40UL »

IBL wrote:
getbusyinsane wrote:

It is an original track, marquese made it from scratch and funk e did a poor job of stealing it.
the end.
friz
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by friz »

R40UL wrote:
IBL wrote:
getbusyinsane wrote:

It is an original track, marquese made it from scratch and funk e did a poor job of stealing it.
the end.
Indeed POOR!!
mson
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by mson »

just found this topic. funny (not so much) how some of these guys are now spinning on big stages and even released on famous labels

also found this article : http://www.residentadvisor.net/feature.aspx?1124
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

nice article. Thank you. One thing that's not mentioned, back in the 80's and 90's there werent any copyright restrictions. People had no repercussions for taking samples.. some of the artist from the 80's could never do what they did back then, so it's puzzling to see people in 2014 sampling other people's music as if it was in the 90's and there are no copyright infringement consequences..

even in Derrick May's track 'nude photo' Thomas Barnett, who used to be my old house mate, paid to press the record and also wrote the baseline, the the record blew up..(some would even argue, made his career)..... and even in some cases the repressed versions never mention Thomas's name.

I guess in the end people will do what they want but they build their own karma/stripes.. kinda sad people don't have enough respect for themselves, or other artists just to be truthful. it's rather disgusting and it truly discourages people from trying to be in the industry in and of itself. some people inspired to be.. others turned off completely. How is one supposed to look up to some one in the industry when this is going on. Obvious lack of principles and integrity. It's shameful and done with intent. I guess the need for fame takes over and people will stop at nothing just to be in the fake lime light..
mson
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by mson »

i dunno. looks like it s a way (not saying i support this mentality) to reach some others spheres like some Arpiar guys. maybe everybody (labels, listeners, artists) just don t care and just experiencing present moment (fu** off past and will see future ...).
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

Or that its so easy to do with abelton.... and people should accept stealing and being lazy...? -surprised flower I find that lack of integrity to be repulsive. Its one thing to take, its another to not acknowledge the credit...

As in any business, or in life... some ppl have integrity some don't. People do benefit from not, but i don't think someones standards should be lowered because other people do. the concept sure is way to reach ppl, but not giving a credit is more offensive..