Question on www.djshop.de

- open
Roy Koch
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Question on www.djshop.de

Post by Roy Koch »

Alright, thanks dmp and Themis! This shop is the only one that has a specific item that I am looking for, so not much choice.
You'd wonder why this shop is still not bankrupt... :roll:
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

maybe cause he has those records you seek ^^
Papa Bear
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Papa Bear »

Just checked their website. They have suspiciously way too many records in stock that've been sold out everywhere else for ages and cost a fortune on Discogs. I therefore call bullshit, gentlemen.
Papa Bear
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Papa Bear »

Never mind. They just have this "ingenious" system where you can put in your cart something that they don't have in stock (and probably never had). I hate these people with all my heart right now for wasting my time. Somebody please vandalize their shop.
dmp
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by dmp »

Papa Bear wrote:Just checked their website. They have suspiciously way too many records in stock that've been sold out everywhere else for ages and cost a fortune on Discogs. I therefore call bullshit, gentlemen.
Note that there are TWO different green colors with the stock status symbols.
There is a green for "available/on stock" and another (lighter) green for "backordered" ...
It's completely confusing and misleading.

You got to move your mouse curser over the symbol and get the description from the tool tip if you are not sure which green applies.
Just another fact that annoys me about this site.
Papa Bear
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Papa Bear »

dmp wrote:
Papa Bear wrote:Just checked their website. They have suspiciously way too many records in stock that've been sold out everywhere else for ages and cost a fortune on Discogs. I therefore call bullshit, gentlemen.
Note that there are TWO different green colors with the stock status symbols.
There is a green for "available/on stock" and another (lighter) green for "backordered" ...
It's completely confusing and misleading.

You got to move your mouse curser over the symbol and get the description from the tool tip if you are not sure which green applies.
Just another fact that annoys me about this site.
That's the problem. All this "item not in stock and must be ordered" bullshit has to stop. It's completely misleading and has fck all to do with reality. There should only be two options - in stock, and out of stock. That's it. Nothing else. What's so hard about it?
dmp
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by dmp »

I think backordering still makes sense - especially with bigger stores like Juno, Rush Hour, etc. as they have a wider customer base and hence can create demands quicker.

Online stores like http://www.deejay.de (which is still one of the best for me) even let you know when exactly an item is going to be back in stock.