richie has to cancel a date cause his harddrive is broken..

- open
LouisVee
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: richie has to cancel a date cause his harddrive is broke

Post by LouisVee »

Themis wrote:i think its another day, someone made "room" for him
Someone is Jamie Jones, Maya Jane Coles and Loco Dice!

I guess every laptop DJ's should bring a couple of CD's just in case? But probably his set was already planned, etc... or something like that.
breton
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by breton »

LouisVee wrote:But probably his set was already planned, etc... or something like that.
I guess the word you're looking for is 'pre-recorded'. No need to thank me.
soapz
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by soapz »

I think some people need to grow up. If it happened to any of us we would just see it as just extremely unlucky.

So what, we all need to start taking three harddrives around with us now, just in case? sh!t happens.
Papa Bear
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Papa Bear »

soapz wrote:I think some people need to grow up. If it happened to any of us we would just see it as just extremely unlucky.

So what, we all need to start taking three harddrives around with us now, just in case? sh!t happens.
If you're a laptop DJ (aka SyncJ), then yes. Especially if u get paid as much as he does.
soapz
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by soapz »

or get a better harddrive.
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

soapz wrote:or get a better harddrive.
how do you get better than a mac hard drive... :?: ask for a new pc one? :P

I've not ever even had one crash on my window's vista 2007 laptop... even after a 17 hour set with serato, it finally started playing a bit funny at the last hour... granted Its only been online for updates...

case in point : mac's are over rated. mac's crash, they can get a virus, and also malfunction for performances..
Dal-Tech
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Dal-Tech »

I'm surprised a techno geek like Hawtin doesn't store his music on a cloud service. Maybe the technology isn't there where you can just play your tracks off a cloud storage system. All a person like Hawtin would need to do is just go to the Apple store and purchase a new Macbook or use that iPad DJ software and purchae an iPad. :D Of course he would also need is a WiFi connection. I don't know if they have that at the big clubs but it should be there right?
Dal-Tech wrote: Everyone else is trying to be cool, not me.
hey everybody : I'm a douche !
soapz
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by soapz »

Dal-Tech wrote:Of course he would also need is a WiFi connection. I don't know if they have that at the big clubs but it should be there right?
It would be cool if they did. It would solve two problems. Harddrives braking and also it would stop the problems with that stupid music law in some countries where you have to pay for each track that you have on your laptop as all the music would come from a cloud.

Clubs could also have one supersolid laptop permanently in the booth (bullet proof glass for a screen, midi controller built into the desk etc). All you'd have to do is login and your whole music collection would be there. I might get a pantent on this actually, can't see it going any other way ;)

PS before the anti-laptop people come along. Having music on a cloud is in no way different to a harddrive, usb stick or cd so please don't even try..