richie has to cancel a date cause his harddrive is broken..

- open
Shepherd_of_Anu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: richie has to cancel a date cause his harddrive is broke

Post by Shepherd_of_Anu »

patrick bateman wrote:Maybe you didn't notice that he has 2 drives with him, both of them fucked...
And you want him to go out, maybe late in the night and buy a new harddrive in 7/11?
What should it help to have a server set up somewhere with his OS images etc, if he got no harddrive in his machine?
Yeah I noticed. We don't know if it is late at night. It could be one in the afternoon. And if they did sell hard drives at 7/11, well then ya, go pick one up. If it is not too late I am sure there is a place near by where someone could pick up a hard drive... we are living in the 21st Century or something ridiculous like that. Hard drives are common technology.

Besides, that is not the point. I am just offering an option that some people may not have considered that may be beneficial and get someone out of a pinch. Like, imagine if you were throwing an event somewhere, maybe you do it on a regular basis and a key computer goes down. It doesn't even have to be music related. It is just good to have a backup plan if there is money riding on the situation.
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

I think the point is he's extremely well off and perhaps ppl assume he should have (perhaps more than just two) back up hard drives/computers if your business is not using vinyl : using digital files and charging as much as he does for shows.. some people specifically myself included may only go out to see a few shows a year. people may have spend their once a year vacation around seeing him.. at a specific location.. and to have a 3rd or 4th back up isn't outrageous to consider the scale of people that travel with him ect...blah blah blah..
minimal house
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by minimal house »

Its Coachella though, I don't think many people there give a sh!t about a dck Hawtin.
-ix
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by -ix »

Rare occasions happen
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

i think its another day, someone made "room" for him