richie has to cancel a date cause his harddrive is broken..

- open
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

richie has to cancel a date cause his harddrive is broken..

Post by roland »

Richie Hawtin (official page)

Unfortunately the technology that is the foundation of my career is not playing friendly today!
So due to corrupt hard drive #1 and broken pins on hard drive #2 I'm not able to perform tonight at Coachella.
Apologies and see you all next week!

https://www.facebook.com/RichieHawtinOfficial

very amusing comments.. :lol:

anyway, as a promoter i'd be kinda pissed if i booked him for a fortune and than he cancels because his harddrive is defective ..
cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: richie has to cancel a date cause his harddrive is broke

Post by cloutier »

gone are the days when richie had 300 pieces of wax on him...
doctor, doctor, this city's sick
a tired, tired heart, such shakey lips

http://soundcloud.com/cloutier
Shepherd_of_Anu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Shepherd_of_Anu »

He should be prepared for these things... if a person is mobile and their career depends on technology then they should have a plan of action. I would have a server set up that I could access from anywhere in the world. On it I would keep a drive image of my OS with hardware drivers and DJing software already installed, mapped and good to go. I would also have access to my music. It would be as simple as starting the image download on some random computer while going to the store to get a new drive, get back, copying the image to the drive, and then downloading the music to the directory. I would also have some kind of automated system of updates for the configuration files for the software and any analysis that may have been performed on the tracks.
R40UL
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by R40UL »

I'd bring records.
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

roland wrote: very amusing comments.. :lol:
:!:
damnwords
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by damnwords »

a few years ago he posted a picture of a guy carrying a bag of vinyl records with the quote
"is this how a modern dj should look like?" (or something like this).

patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

Shepherd_of_Anu wrote:He should be prepared for these things... if a person is mobile and their career depends on technology then they should have a plan of action. I would have a server set up that I could access from anywhere in the world. On it I would keep a drive image of my OS with hardware drivers and DJing software already installed, mapped and good to go. I would also have access to my music. It would be as simple as starting the image download on some random computer while going to the store to get a new drive, get back, copying the image to the drive, and then downloading the music to the directory. I would also have some kind of automated system of updates for the configuration files for the software and any analysis that may have been performed on the tracks.
Maybe you didn't notice that he has 2 drives with him, both of them fucked...
And you want him to go out, maybe late in the night and buy a new harddrive in 7/11?
What should it help to have a server set up somewhere with his OS images etc, if he got no harddrive in his machine?
tronikform
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by tronikform »

That is a situation no one would like to have. In case of computers and any equipment in general, it is always good to have some kind of plan B.

Some years ago he traveled with two laptops.