richie has to cancel a date cause his harddrive is broken..

- open
Papa Bear
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: richie has to cancel a date cause his harddrive is broke

Post by Papa Bear »

soapz wrote:before the anti-laptop people come along. Having music on a cloud is in no way different to a harddrive, usb stick or cd so please don't even try..
Vinyl. You lose.
soapz
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by soapz »

Haha
Dal-Tech
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Dal-Tech »

soapz wrote:
Dal-Tech wrote:Of course he would also need is a WiFi connection. I don't know if they have that at the big clubs but it should be there right?
It would be cool if they did. It would solve two problems. Harddrives braking and also it would stop the problems with that stupid music law in some countries where you have to pay for each track that you have on your laptop as all the music would come from a cloud.

Clubs could also have one supersolid laptop permanently in the booth (bullet proof glass for a screen, midi controller built into the desk etc). All you'd have to do is login and your whole music collection would be there. I might get a pantent on this actually, can't see it going any other way ;)

PS before the anti-laptop people come along. Having music on a cloud is in no way different to a harddrive, usb stick or cd so please don't even try..
I got rid off all my vinyl and CDs just because I didn't like the clutter. I'd buy a record and it would just sit there and get in my way. CD's as well.
Dal-Tech wrote: Everyone else is trying to be cool, not me.
hey everybody : I'm a douche !
slukas
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by slukas »

Greeting fellow audionauts. Nice forum (although not strictly a minimal head myself I also cannot deny history aka plastikman etc ;-) Anyway, a lurker rather than a poster (not enough hours in the day!) but interesting story (and can appreciate the reactions on both sides of the fence). TBH the whole cloud based thing is something I have been exploring for a while. Started speaking to a couple of the big'uns about it (Abe and Props) and said "they" didn't think it was technically possible to run like that at present (stick the whole lot in the cloud and run it from there with only an agent install on any old machine with a soundcard). Never looked at say the NI stuff after that but after reading this decided to give it a whirl yesterday and have got as far a multiuser cloud install of traktor where everything is on the backend (the program runs there and the gui and audio are squirted to the client machine). Latency doesn't seem too bad at present but need to now look at seeing if I can get remote midi back to the server for controllers). I'll let you know how I get on if anyone is interested.

Best regards to all

Steve 8)
kenah
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kenah »

happily richie still plays good music
R40UL
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr