- open
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Re: Hawtin vs Deadmau5

Post by John Clees »

breton wrote:
john clees wrote:what he's saying..
It's called hypocrisy, John. There's nothing positive about it.
you so gracefully placed that specific word in your response..way to pull out an argument out
of thin air.. should I respond with technically he plays tractor vinyl so that's not hypocrisy...

he didn't change technology, he moved with it... that doesn't make him a hypocrite either...
or how the markets changed too... distribution company's went of business,
shipping cost are up..ect...

as with any business for that matter you need to adapt/adjust or go out of business..
he's saying he (has) to support vinyl even after all those factors...I think that is
positive. anyone pressing vinyl in 2013...for that matter is contributing..
to the future of vinyl period. do you plan on pressing vinyl?
how much vinyl have you pressed in your day?
:?
breton
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by breton »

john clees wrote:that doesn't make him a hypocrite
What makes him a hypocrite is doing/supporting/promoting something he doesn't believe in.
It's one thing if he said, "I've moved on... Traktor, Machine, iPad and mp3 is what makes me hard these days", but he goes further than that, he basically says "I'm so cutting-edge, i am fvcking future and you vinyl buying lot are neanderthals".

And then he goes and releases the 6x12" Plastikman box set.
blizt
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by blizt »

Richie is supporting the guy that wrote this:

http://deadmau5.tumblr.com/post/2569050 ... l-hit-play
Dal-Tech
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Dal-Tech »

breton wrote: And then he goes and releases the 6x12" Plastikman box set.
The dance scene is shallow. It's that simple.
Dal-Tech wrote: Everyone else is trying to be cool, not me.
hey everybody : I'm a douche !
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

breton wrote:
john clees wrote:that doesn't make him a hypocrite
And then he goes and releases the 6x12" Plastikman box set.
exactly he does that (for) the vinyl lovers... but this is bad bad thing and that's your viewpoint.. gotcha. no pleasing you ever. its not that deep. if he likes the color blue, then that is his view point, and how he is feeling.. it's music, it's expression, he had a starting point w/vinyl and is now he's on mp3's..thats his journey.. as in my first response.. technically he plays tractor vinyl ...so if he plays trackor vinyl now / which he does / and presses vinyl your (yahoo word of the day) : hypocrisy doesn't apply and your statement has no logic.

also : just because he an advertisement about ipods more certainly doesn't mean he's now doing all his dj's gigs with them... I highly doubt matthew dear is driving around a hummer after getting paid $60,000 for a commercial either..
breton
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by breton »

You really don't understand, do you?
john clees wrote:but this is bad bad thing and that's your viewpoint.. gotcha. no pleasing you ever.
No, this is not the bad bad thing. It's a good good thing that m_nus still press records. The bad bad thing is that he's a hypocrite*.
You seem to think that the fact that m_nus still release records proves that he's not a hypocrite, when in fact it's the other way round.

ps. "technically he plays tractor vinyl"... The difference between Traktor vinyl and real records is like the difference between an artificial vagina and a real woman. I don't know why you keep bringing this up.

*I explained why in my previous post.
ray parry
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ray parry »

I think there is also the issue of him calling us vinyl buyers Neanderthals and then expecting us to buy his boxset. hmmm :roll:
Papa Bear
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Papa Bear »

breton wrote:The difference between Traktor vinyl and real records is like the difference between an artificial vagina and a real woman. I don't know why you keep bringing this up.
Well, I've never tried an artificial vagina (i'm eagerly waiting to read your review of it, Breton), but i think Traktor vinyl is a great invention. It's what a lot of young guys start with these days, before they move on to playing real vinyl. It's basically a cheap and easy way to learn how to mix vinyl. Your dissing of it is completely unwarranted imo.