The end is near: NI unveil Traktor DJ for iPad ............

- open
Field
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: The end is near: NI unveil Traktor DJ for iPad ........

Post by Field »

ao_xk wrote:
breton wrote:
ao_xk wrote:I think there's so, so much potential in a cross-sensorial club experience
But what are your thoughts on the subject though?
You're right.. I shouldn't speak.. I should probably be in the studio too...
Is it cultural democracy or mediocrity?
Actually I think that question might apply to several fields nowadays... Thanks for suggesting the documentary, I hadn't heard of it.

you're welcome, you can download it for free from their website http://www.presspauseplay.com/
breton
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by breton »

It seems to me that this new app is aimed primarily at 'regular people'. You know, the ones who play top of the pops tunes at home parties. Yep... regular people & douches*. And Paris Hilton.

*all american EDM djs included
blizt
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by blizt »

breton wrote:It seems to me that this new app is aimed primarily at 'regular people'. You know, the ones who play top of the pops tunes at home parties. Yep... regular people & douches*. And Paris Hilton.

*all american EDM djs included
And richie, luciano, carola and company.

Oh wait! You already mentioned douches :lol:
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

:lol: this is a real sh!t-appletree!

NI should make the Traktor Scratch run on iPad, that would be awesome. But this piece of sh!t, really?
Why not make it plain algorithmic then, just eliminate the middle MAN completely! :D
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

Field wrote: the continues need to simplify the process of mixing and selecting records to reach as many people as possible in order to sell a product isn't necessarily good innovation either.
:!:

in the new kid's generation..
they will have grandmother's mixing on ipods vs knitting sweaters.. in the end, the more electronic music applies to the masses the more it will be consumed, the more need it will require.. then more artist can actually make a living doing this type of music ... everything else has been done musically, so next its the presentation to the people it doesn't apply to.. - new markets..

yes I agree, this would be more for people just having fun with the software, and not to be taken all that serious. if it's an option, technology will create it.. this is case & point of technology doing that.. in the end, the more diluted the ocean gets, the more people who don't follow suit will stand out..and will be appreciated that much more. everything has it's place and process.. even if it's looks like it's bait & switch for the lazy.
-surprised flower
simonb
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by simonb »

For what it's worth I look up to the likes of Moodymann and Parrish much more than Hawtin as DJing idols, both personally and in terms of the music they play in their sets. Which is a shame as they were equally influential in their own ways in the 90s, it just goes to show the direction people take.

And of course this was gonna turn into a vinyl vs digital and Hawtin-bashing thread ;) I'm not that bothered to be honest, these sorts of things really don't affect the scene I'm into that much where a lot of DJs are still using vinyl anyway. For better or worse there's not just one "DJ scene" these days; I don't think it's true to say that some guy with Traktor on his iPad is going to be stealing many gigs from me, most likely they'd be looking at different venues in different scenes.
Dal-Tech
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Dal-Tech »

breton wrote:
Themis wrote:what is hawtin doing, my mind is blown, i cant take it anymore
"I try to disinfect and sanitize my brain. Perhaps i won't be satisfied until i go insane", remember? He's probably one of the most satisfied people in the world now.

What a douche...
I thought it was female walking at first.
Dal-Tech wrote: Everyone else is trying to be cool, not me.
hey everybody : I'm a douche !
Papa Bear
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Papa Bear »

God, i almost puked watching that Hawtin video. What a smug little narcissistic whore. Why is this lanky bastard always in every video promoting every new gadget that comes out nowadays?