The end is near: NI unveil Traktor DJ for iPad ............

- open
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

The end is near: NI unveil Traktor DJ for iPad ............

Post by roland »

http://www.residentadvisor.net/news.aspx?id=19017
the app will even suggest your next track using an algorithm that takes into account tempo and harmonic structure.

srsly i can't take more of this bullshit...

i don't get why there are not more people in the industry who stand up against this kind of development.. cause on the other side you got hawtin promoting beatport and bashing on vinyl everytime he gets the chance to..

i know living in berlin or london people can go to sophisticated clubs where owners and promoters are aware of such things.. but for the rest of the world it means that we might be seeing even more douches behind the decks in the future...
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Re: The end is near: NI unveil Traktor DJ for iPad ........

Post by Themis »

what is hawtin doing, my mind is blown, i cant take it anymore
Roy Koch
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Roy Koch »

Looks cool :)
ctadamian
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ctadamian »

roland wrote: i know living in berlin or london people can go to sophisticated clubs where owners and promoters are aware of such things.. but for the rest of the world it means that we might be seeing even more douches behind the decks in the future...
So true!!
Field
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Field »

roland wrote: i don't get why there are not more people in the industry who stand up against this kind of development.. cause on the other side you got hawtin promoting beatport and bashing on vinyl everytime he gets the chance to..
there are still performers who stand up against this development, to name a few that came to my mind
Theo parrish : the digital thing = convenience replacing artistry
Steffi : no vinyl = lack of devotion
Derrick May : digital = auto-pilot for predictable & boring sets
Moodymann: You want people to buy your records but you are promoting laptops
Ricardo Villalobos : we are running in the wrong direction at the moment

Unfortunately, they just don't get the type of exposure hawtin gets with NI backing up his vision with corporate marketing to sell products and capitalize his image
breton
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by breton »

Themis wrote:what is hawtin doing, my mind is blown, i cant take it anymore
"I try to disinfect and sanitize my brain. Perhaps i won't be satisfied until i go insane", remember? He's probably one of the most satisfied people in the world now.

What a douche...
Clapshot
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Clapshot »

Pure Lameness. I feel sorry for every kid that will use this because of a lack of better understanding of true house, techno and dj culture. This is almost like playing dj gigs with prerecorded sets. A perfect example of the western worlds mind state today. Everything, fast, cheap and without putting true dedication in achiving something for yourself...
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

@field

yeah it's not like there is no opposition to this development at all.. as you said the oldschool detroit ppl have always been speaking out for vinyl and stuff..

tho i love lots of their releases when it comes do deejaying i don't really feel related to what those guys do.. f.e. a moodyman dj set is really something very different to what i and other djs i look up to do.. also theo's sets are something else (haven't seen him in a long time tho and he is in vienna next friday)..

ricardo also mentions that in interviews but on the other hand he plays on festivals and parties where he plays right after or before richie or other laptop users.. srsly for me it's like what richie and his followers do is something totally different and it shouldn't be part of the same night/party.. sometimes i go to watch a dj and after his set i literally have to leave cause i can't stand to listen to a 2hour laptop set it drives me nuts...

this is not even about playing vinyl or digital anymore but with laptop and controller and effects and those stuff it's really a whole other thing..

but maybe i'm a kinda radical and narrow minded nerd so.. :?

anyways during the last years a vinyl and traditional approach movement has been growing strong also..