mnml mmbr

SHED Video Feature

Post by SLICES »

eggnchips
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: SHED Video Feature

Post by eggnchips »

I'm quite surprised to hear that he doesn't use any hardware anymore. Always pictured Shed with a studio full of 909's, 808's etc.
blizt
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by blizt »

eggnchips wrote:I'm quite surprised to hear that he doesn't use any hardware anymore. Always pictured Shed with a studio full of 909's, 808's etc.
+1

Very surprising indeed. He must be using good sample packs from vintage drums.
soapz
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by soapz »

I'm very happy to hear that he doesn't.

I travel around a lot and don't have a permanent home therefore all my djing and any kind of producing I attempt has to be done all digitally on my mac. The problem is all my fave producers have always spoke so highly of hardware, I was concerned that getting the sounds I wanted was a waste of energy on software when everybody I love uses hardware.

I'd like to believe, if you pay a bit more for the plugins and choose carefully, then you can get create anything digitally now! It might just take longer as grit and textures have to be added manually, where as some of the older hardware might have had some of that with it anyway.

But I agree as I thought Shed was a hardware man. I love some of his earlier tracks and often used him as an example when I spoke about emotions through texture..
simonb
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by simonb »

I also recently heard that Truncate/Audio Injection is all software now... nothing stopping you from doing dark and raw without hardware, it seems :)