Zsa Zsa
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Zsa Zsa »

plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

interresting...one guy from the minimal room on slsk mentioned jake fairley two times.

i guess we should check him out my precious! :twisted:
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
Zsa Zsa
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Zsa Zsa »

Kompakt...
MICHAEL MAYER
JAKE FAIRLEY

on tour..

together..

mmm...

http://www.southern.net/southern/tour/JAKEF
joeycrack
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by joeycrack »

@Aron. Now being a dutch man myself i have to clearify something here. Its true that the americans & dutch are less openminded when it comes to electronic music, but please dont think that the producers in those countries are the same. America invented techno/house & the Dutch have some of the finest electro labels in the world (klakson, bunker & clone). BTW the belgian scene is way overrated, i mean marco bailey & redhead?!? :lol: The belgian technoscene is as commercial as Britneys Spears dog shampoo conditioner.
Aron
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Aron »

I meant it more general. But commercial or not: Belgians dance more than the Dutch do.
It's nice to be minimal, but it's more minimal to be nice
zzebbirt
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by zzebbirt »

joeycrack wrote:The belgian technoscene is as commercial as Britneys Spears dog shampoo conditioner.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

but I can agree on that!

As far as Canada is concerned, well they have some great mnml producers for sure 8)
joeycrack
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by joeycrack »

Dutch people are more sincere when it comes to dancing, if the dj is not giving his best, the crowd wont give his best. In belgium they applaud/dance the whole night long. Ive heard djs like playing in Holland because they feel they have to deliver a good set to receive feedback. In belgium they love it all even if the dj is mixing shite. I like a honest crowd myself too, wouldnt want them to go all out if im mixing poorly. (on topic, i LOVE canada's minimal scene) :D
Life: a dream experienced with your eyes open
Aron
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Aron »

Hmmmm... I'd rather have a crowd that is not preoccupied with the political correctness of the set they're listening to. This is usually the case on Dutch parties. "Am I allowed to dance now?" Just like when you're in a movietheatre and people look around to see if it's okay to laugh at the joke that was just made. The epitome of Dutch Calvinism right there: "what will the neighbors think..?"

fck that. I don't need sincerity if it stems from self-conciousness or being blazee. Give me Belgians any time. At least they know that making a party is not just about being entertained, but about entertaining eachother.
It's nice to be minimal, but it's more minimal to be nice